Chapter 三十五

Ajahni’s View

We stood looking at each other for a long while. It wasn’t even a stare; we were simply looking. I studied him, his every feature, and felt my heart violently clench. And then it just stopped. I was sure as day that my heart was no longer beating. That was the effect he had on me…

It’s him. It’s Christopher. Frank Ocean, Chris, Frankie, whatever you want to call him…he’s here.

After years of searching for him, I am finally seeing the absolute love my life. I was finally seeing my everything. He literally was my everything. Without him, my life would be empty. Everything I have been through was all because of him. I have almost died so many times.

And now we’re here, looking at each other.

He was always so sensitive. As soon as realized it was me, thick tears began to swell in his eyes. I couldn’t even cry with him. I told myself that if I ever saw him, I would cry hysterically and then be terribly angry at him. But now…I didn’t know what or how to feel.

“Christopher.” I said his name just as he said mine.

“No one calls me that anymore.”

“You’re still Christopher to me.”

By the way he was watching me, I could tell that he was going over our past memories just as I had. I remembered the cabin we shared, the prairie filled with cotton-candy grass that was only a five-minute walk away from our home. I remembered the basement downstairs of the cabin that we used as a recording studio; the window used to attract spiders. My arachnophobia always amused Christopher, but he would always remove the spider webs before I could see them. He was so generous; it was those little things that made me fall in love with him so hardly.

And now I can get back up. I’m floating in love with him now.

He approached me with a smile, the step he took ever-so-tiny. He was brave and shy all at once.

“Alright! That’s it. We’re taking down this building. Everyone GET OUT!” A man with an authoritative voice demanded. I could already hear the footsteps of obedient protestors, satisfied with the final decision as they left the building. Then I looked up at Christopher. Was he a protestor? Why was he here?

“Come,” He said simply; instead of approaching me like he had started, he began to walk away. It was my turn to approach. When I got to him he slipped his hand into mine, my every fiber shivering with delight. He seemed to be shocked by our touch, too.

We walked up the stairs.

Our feet sounded throughout the staircase. The echoes were quite calming. When we got to the flight above, Christopher decided to exit the stairway and rush toward the elevator. I didn’t know why he was in such a rush, but I followed him into the musty elevator. It was anciently slow.

Christopher was evidently uncomfortable around me. As a matter of fact, he was uncomfortably comfortable. It was a paradox being around him, meeting him and touching him again. That was the bliss of it, though. We were gradually returning to the relationship that we shared back in California.

I was just remembering California, my house there. I first left to go to New Orleans for Christopher, and I never returned…

The elevator abruptly stopped.

I knew this was too good to be true…

No; I pushed the thought away and looked to Christopher for a solution. It was so bizarre to look at him, to be in the same environment as him. “Don’t worry. Old buildings do this sometimes.” He informed me calmly. He was so calm that it seemed surreal.

Black Waters (Frank Ocean Love Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें