Ch 14: Talking Thoughts

I placed my phone in my pocket and stood up. I walked into the bathroom and flinched and all the bloody glass. I carefully cleaned up the mess and brushed through my hair. I found the new length difficult to brush through so once I finished I braided it. I used an old hair tie to hold it in and I smiled at the new look through the few remaining pieces of the mirror. As I angle myself to I could see a bit better I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye.

I wiped my head around quickly to see the red and black figure gone...

I walked back to my bed room and took of my jeans. I climbed into bed and lay down staring up at the white ceiling. I flipped the light off and tried my best to fall asleep.

Eventually the task came with ease but it took some time.

My eyes flickered open and I was myself once again sounded in black. I could move this time. I wandered for a short time before I found a more clear version of the same woman from my earlier nightmare.

"You really are a pain...!" She spoke in a sassy tone.

"What do you mean! Who are you?!" I said wanting answers from this dream woman.

"I guess you granted me a second of what I wanted so it's the least I can do...." I was a bit confused by her statement but I listened. "Like I said I'm Eralith, I'm a monster. As for this place... It's our... I'll call it mind, the basic makeup of our soul and body."  She placed her hands on her hips and I tilted my head.

"Our?"

"HAHAHA~ you naive child!" Her laugh was wicked and heartless. "Alphyus had no choice but to fuse us together! It's the only way you could come back... But in doing that she also gave me my chance..." She started walking up to me.

"But if your a monster then why was your soul manifested?"  She stopped in front of me and game me a twisted smile.

"Child... It's called Determination" she plunged her hand into my chest.

I shot awake once again in a sweat. The sheets and blankets were bunched up abound my legs and the only thing covered me was the comforter. I threw it off me and went to shower. I kept seeing Eralith in the corners of my eyes still giving me that twisted grin.

I hurried out of the house a soon as I could and rushed to the only place I could think of.

The Lab

----------------------------------------

The door opened and I quickly walked in to see Alphyus on her computer. She turned to me and a shocked look appeared on her face.

"Layla, what's wrong?!" I stood in front of her a tried to catch my breath.

"I... Need... To... Talk.. To you..." I said in between breaths.

"Ok just calm down... What's wrong." She walked me to the small couch placed in her lab and we both sat down.

"Who's Eralith..." Her eyes went wide and she rushed me down into the true lab. After placing me in the elevator she grabbed the bag of dog food and brought it with. As the elevator hit the bottom floor the doors opened. Alphuys quickly whistled and placed the door food In a dish on the floor. After doing so she ran with me through a door across the room. The door closed behind us and a eerie darkness filled the room. She flipped a light on and a white light filled the room. The room was empty except for a gray machine with a red heart switch.