Before Meeting Jitters

I'm sorry I took so long! I was busy.... procrastinating. Without further ado, I will attempt to make this an awesome chapter! Prussia: The only awesome person here is me! Kesesesesese! Me: Oresama! Please, I'm trying to write a chapter!

America raced to his car while being followed by Texas who was trying to brush her semi long hair with a brush she found. Key word trying. She was holding the brush upside down and brushing up. America chuckled, but stopped when Texas glared at him.

"Well, if your so good at brushing hair, why don't YOU do it." she pouted.

America smirked and properly began brushing her hair, though surprisingly gentle. Texas' hair was soft and the feeling of doing this made him happy. Not in a creepy way, but a way that parents have. America quickly snapped out of it, relieved Texas never saw it. He didn't really know when he started driving, but it weirded him out how he was able to get to the UN building without even realizing it.

Suddenly America was worried on how he was going Texas into the meeting without being questioned by security. But he brushed it off 'cuz he was America for goodness sake! He can do anything! (within reason of course)

America turned back to Texas and smiled at her awed face, " Hey, ready to go meet the world?"

*le time skip*

Texas looked at the elevator's buttons like they were the most fascinating things in the world. She reached out to press one, but stopped when America looked at her sharply.

"What? I just wanted to see what it does." she pouted.

America looked at the button she wanted to press and said,"That's the emergency call button! You should never press that one!"

Texas looked at him curiously, "Why not?"

America sighed,"You only press that in a case of an emergency,"

"What counts as an emergency?" she queried.

"Anything that is a potential threat to you or others."

"What counts as a threat?"

"Something that can hurt you."

"These buttons could hurt me." Texas stated.

America looked at Texas, baffled,"How?"

Texas smirked and went on to describe an elaborate story involving zombies and a jammed button.

America laughed,"There is no way in high heaven that will actually happen! Though you are a good storyteller."

Texas grinned happily and began to hum a song quietly to herself, seeming pleased America complimented her.

The door went 'ding' and opened.Both America and Texas walked towards the meeting door without getting noticed(it helped that they were late). America took a deep breath and looked over at Texas who suddenly looked nervous.

America nudged her and smiled down at her when she looked up,"Hey, there's nothin' to be nervous about. Most of the people there are nutjobs, but they're almost all good people."

Texas looked a bit more relieved and smiled back at him, "I'm not that nervous because you're with me."

If possible America's smile got wider and he realized what it felt to be a parent.

"Come on, we got a meeting to get to." America and Texas then burst through the meeting doors together.