Chapter 15: A New Friend

If anyones boreed & has some extra timee to make a bannnerr for thisss storyy, i want to try to put one on each chapter. If you do comment with the link & i'll dedicateee the chapter to you:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day after Thanksgiving I was left alone in my big empty house. Every one of my family members actually had a life and friends to attend to, even my 2-year-old brother Tyler.

I tried to keep myself busy, cleaning my room, watching TV, doing my nails, but I couldn't help but be depressed as I thought about my life.

I was a senior in high school, and my only friend was my brother. Of course before I left Aiden and I were the kids that were friends with everyone, but that all changed.

My reputation went down right along Aiden's even though I had nothing to do with him when he decided to be the town's bad boy.

Everyone still associated me with Aiden; a lot of rumors were spread about me in school.

And this resulted in my lack of a social life...

But I was thankful when Dom called asking to come over, I knew that with him here I'd be able to forget about everything even just for a little bit.

***

"So what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked as I sat beside him on the couch.

"Well I wanted to let you know that there's going to be a really big fight at the warehouse Sunday night, and before you start to panic Aiden isn't the one fighting..." he said and I let out a deep breath.

"But I know for a fact that he'll be there, along with my father and his usual lackeys. " Dom continued.

"So were going?" I said.

"Yeah, but since it's a big fight its going to be packed and I'm not sure he'll see you..." he said and I frowned.

"That's why I was going to ask you to stay over Sunday night because usually after a big fight my dad brings all his members home and pays them and rewards them and organizes there next jobs and all this nonsense."

"And Aiden will be there at your house..." I said with understanding.

"Yup."

"Dom my parents aren't dumb, I cant tell them I'm staying at my friends house again when they know I don't have any..." I said with sadness.

"Well yeah I know, that's another thing I wanted to talk to you about..." he said and I looked at him puzzled.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to need a shot of tequila for this next part..." I said and Dom laughed.

"Its not as bad as you think..." Dom said and I nodded waiting for him to go on.

"I know you haven't been the most popular girl in town being Aiden's best friend... well ex best friend..." he said as I tried to ignore the stinging ache in my heart.

"And there judgmental assholes for that...but my cousin Ellie's moving into town and I know since she doesn't know anyone here and you could use a friend that maybe you should both hang out..." he said and I looked at him skeptically.

"Then you can come back here introduce her to your parents and tell them you're staying with her..." he continued.

"So you want me to use your cousin to make it seem like I'm not pathetic and actually have a friend..." I said feeling a little offended.

"No Hailie I don't. I want you actually to get to know Ellie. I know you could use a friend that's a girl, who's a lot funner to hang out with than me. It's not fair for the whole town to cast you out when they have no idea what they're talking about..." he said as he placed his hand on mine comfortingly.