Chapter 27: Piecing the Puzzle

YAS FINALLY AN UPDATE. No its not the longest and not the best but i promise there will be more to come! I understand if its been so long that you guys are so confused and I apologize so i took the last part of the last chapter and included it in this one. But of course you guys might still have questions and if you do just comment & i will answer! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Listen sweetheart you think you've won but you're all wrong. I've ripped your family to shreds and there's nothing you could do about it." Mr. Marino said and I looked over at Dom puzzled.

"I'll get him back I promise you that..." He said.

"And when I do maybe I'll have no more use for him, and you know what that means..." He said and then listened to whatever the person on the phone was saying.

My heart was beating fast and my thoughts were racing. I had a scary feeling that I knew exactly what was going on.

"Nobody double crosses me babe, and now you see why..." He said and then hung up his phone.

I could hear him dialing another number. Dom held a finger to his lips signaling me to stay quiet and I did.

"Jimmy tell them to send the message. She called just as I was on my way to the city. I didn't answer, I drove back home and called back from a secure line. This little bitch doesn't know what she's in for. I hope you'll be able to handle things while I'm gone..." Mr. Marino said and then hung up.

After a few moments we heard the door shut and sat there in silence for what seemed like forever.

"Dom..." I said afraid to ask what that was about, but Dom was too preoccupied with the files he held in his hand.

"Hailie..." He said impassively as he held out 3 different files in front of me. I looked up at him afraid to see the names that were printed on each one.

"Who's Grace Grey?" He asked and I swear my heart almost stopped beating in my chest.

"Aiden's mom..."

***********************

As if I thought I was beginning to make sense of this all another puzzle piece falls out in the open.

I paced back and fourth trying to make sense of this all as Dom sat on his couch reviewing the three files that held the name of each person of the Grey family.

I could tell Dom was concentrating on every word trying to put the puzzle pieces together but by the frustrated look on his face I knew he wasn't successful.

"I just don't get it..." I said aloud talking to myself more then to Dom, as I paced nervously.

"We thought your father was connected with Aiden's dad, but now he's talking to his mom? This doesn't make sense!" I said frustrated.

The last time I even remember seeing Aiden's mom was the day she left, 5 years ago. I hid with Aiden up in his room as I listened to his parents screaming. Usually we would climb out the window by now but Aiden was holding onto my arm keeping me by his side. It was as if he knew that this would be the end, and it was. After we heard the front door slam shut and Aiden's dad scream as the sound of glass was thrown and broken against the wall, Aiden just held onto me tightly as tears fell down his face. We sat together on his bed that way the whole night, not saying a word to each other.

"These files are dated 6 years ago..." Dom said breaking me from my thoughts.

"A year before Aiden's mom left." I said impassively.