Chapter 1: Not what I expected.

I was looking out the window of the cab watching the scenery pass me by. All I could think about was finally going home.

3 years away from home is a long time, but it was worth it. Traveling around Europe with a school photography program was amazing. I got to see things and take pictures of the most beautiful scenes.

As amazing as it was I was glad to be back. I missed my home, my parents, my brothers, and most of all Aiden.

I met Aiden when I was 2, when he moved down the street from us. Ever since then we became best friends.

Thinking about when I told him I was leaving 3 years ago put a smile on my face.

(Flashback)

“You can’t go!” Aiden said.

“I have to go, this is amazing opportunity.” I said, as we sat side by side on my bed.

“But I need ya babe.” He said.

“I need you too, but now I need you to let me fly away.” I said with smile, which made him laugh.

“If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” He said.

“Quoting the notebook now are we?” I said with a laugh.

“Yes, I have a sensitive side. Okay you can go, but promise me that you won’t meet an new amazing foreign best friend and replace me.” He said.

“That’s impossible you’re irreplaceable, but I promise. Now you promise that you will be waiting for me when I get back.”

“Promise.” He said with a smile.

***

I can’t wait to go home and see him sitting on my porch waiting for me. I can’t wait to make the best of the 2 weeks we have left of summer. Then me and Aiden are finally going to be seniors, I honestly can’t wait.

When the cab finally stopped in front of my house, I paid the driver and took my bags.

I stood there looking at my house; the normality of it all was just so comforting.

There was one thing missing, Aiden. But I’m sure that he’s somewhere around here.

I walked up to my door and rang the bell.

“Hailie!” My mother said as she pulled me through the door and wrapped her arms around me for a hug.

“Hey mom!” I said as I still held her.

When she pulled back I could see the tears in her eyes.

“My baby’s finally home! I’m never letting you go anywhere else anymore.” She said as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Hailie!” said a voice. I looked down to see my baby brother Tyler pulling on the fabric of my pants.

“Tyler! Oh my gosh you got so big!” I said as I picked him up, and held him in my arms.

“My twin senses tell me my sister is here.” Jason said as he walked down the steps.

“Or maybe its mom and Ty shouting my name.” I said to Jason.

“Whatever sis I missed you. I now feel complete.” Jason said as he hugged me, making sure not to squash the baby.

“Where’s Dad and Ryan?” I asked, as I put Tyler down.

“Work, they will be home later on.” Jason said

“Jay where’s Aiden? I thought he would be here.” I asked.