Chapter 22: The Last Time

Hi guys this chapter is dedicated to @shalinivenkat who commented on chapter 18 with an amazing song that describes Aiden & Hailies situation in this current chapter. Its called the Last Time by taylor swift & Gary Lightbody. I named the chapter after the song & you'll see why once youre done reading. but you should definitely listen to it over therrre---->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This dress is beautiful…” Ellie said as she opened the large box that was left on my bed as I looked in the mirror and let out a sigh.

“Hailie come on look at this!” she said as I turned around and she held the beautiful gown up against my body.

“Oh my God….it's beautiful.” I said as I looked in the mirror as Ellie held the dress up.

The dress was a beautiful light peach color, strapless dress with a design on the front with little shiny crystals (PICTURE ON SIDE)

“Your cousins such an idiot!” I said.

“How so?” she asked.

“This must have cost a fortune…” I said.

“Well he cares about you…” she said as she laid the dress down on the bed.

“I know…that kind of scares me.” I said as she looked at me puzzled.

“After everything I’ve been through I can’t help but be cautious when it comes to things like this…”

“Are you sure it has nothing to do about your feelings for Aiden?” Ellie asked and I turned to her puzzled.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You know what I mean. I know Dom's my cousin, but you're my best friend…and you could talk to me about this. It’s impossible to have such a great friendship with someone and not have a deeper connection with them…” She said.

“But its up to you to figure out what that connection is…” she continued and I nodded.

“But I see it too…you're a lot stronger than you were when I first met you…” she said and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Thanks Ellie.” I said.

“Listen you're going to look beautiful!” Ellie said and I smiled.

“Be ready to look absolutely gorgeous,” she said and I already knew that this was going to take a while.

***

When Ellie was finally done pinning and curling and plastering my face with makeup she let me turn to see my reflection in the mirror and for a second I was taken back.

I felt and looked beautiful...

My hair was pinned up with two curls hanging in the front. The makeup wasn’t too much; it was just perfect and natural looking.

“Wow…” I said as I looked in the mirror.

“I know you look amazing!” she said with a smile.

“And because of you…” I said.

“No, this is all you…but we might have a little problem.” She said as I looked at her puzzled.

She just turned my back towards the mirror and when I looked over my shoulder I saw the beautiful tattoo in the mirror…and then I realized what the problem was.

“Ugh Dom's not going to be happy…” I said.

“Maybe he’ll be so mesmerized by your beauty that he won’t even notice.” She said with a small smile, but I knew she was just trying to help.