Chapter 2

Brodie's POV

"Foreign wolf! FOREIGN WOLF!" I heard the yell and realised that I had to do something. I could feel the wolf. She felt familiar, like a piece of me I had lost a while ago. "Don’t shoot" I called out to my Beta, Tyler. Tyler and I had originally hated each other, but now we are best friends. What could I say?

I followed people out the house and onto the lawn. I could smell the girl, hear her feet against the ground. I knew it was a girl. The way she ran was so feminine. But there was something else. Someone else with her. "GUYS DON’T SHOOT, SHE HAS A KID!" I cried as I saw her. The child on her back would have been maybe 3, 4 at the oldest. He sat there, relatively calm, his wide eyes open.

I saw a bullet shoot out and hit her in the hand and she cried out. I heard another gun shot and watched as it hit her in the thigh. She dropped to the ground and I ran towards her. I ushered the rest of my pack back and had a look. The child on her shoulders was now lying next to her, his face close to hers "BETH" he cried, trying to wake her up.

He saw me walk over and stood in front of her body, trying to protect it. It was kinda cute. "Hey kid, we need to get the silver bullets out of her. Otherwise she could die". At that, the little child put his hands over the wound on her hand and closed his eyes. I watched in amazement as the bullet levitated and flew out of her hand. I watched as the hole closed up as he worked on the bullet in her leg. She was all healed up. Not a drop of blood in sight. She opened her eyes and smiled.

Fuck! Those eyes were amazing. I have never seen eyes greener before in my life. They were gorgeous. I looked into her eyes, and felt my heart start to race and heard my wolf bark happily. "Mate."

I had found my mate. A rogue wolf, who ran on our property for no reason, who looked like a rule breaker, was my mate.

And I had the urge to claim her then.

What Alpha has a pack, without a Luna?

Fuck! I had found my Luna.

Beth POV

I woke up on the grass and smiled. The pain was over. I knew Toby was behind the fix. I knew I should've stopped running but I felt this pull, pulling me closer and closer to the house. I looked around, trying to find Toby. "Toby?" I called, wondering why he had left me on the grass. Slowly I sat up and looked around. I saw a house with a balcony and about 15 people standing on the balcony. I saw a man, who was really cute, sitting next to me, trying to see if I was okay. I got scared and freaked out because someone was near me. "Get Away." I cried, trying to move backwards, away from him.

I hadn't seen another wolf who didn’t want my blood in god knows how long. I needed toby. NOW. I closed my eyes. "Toby, toby, where are you!!!" I called through our link. He responded by saying "I am here. You can trust Brodie, he is the alpha. He knows my abilities. It is okay Beth. I promise"

I nodded and opened my eyes.

"WH who are you?" I asked, my voice shaking slightly. He was gorgeous. Tall, with a great set of muscles on him. His brown hair was shaggy and messy but absolutely amazing. His blue green eyes pierced into mine, making my head spin. I felt as if I had known him my life. He looked at me funny and said “I am Brodie. Who are you? And why were you running on my packs land?” He asked. My god, his voice was amazing. I just wanted to fan girl really bad. He looked like a model or something. My heart was racing as I looked up at him “um… I needed to find you. I don’t know why. It was written at the back of my mum’s diary. She died, along with my father and all I knew was that the pack I was with wasn’t the pack I was supposed to be with and I ran. It’s been 2 years and I finally found you” I said breathlessly, surprised that I had said all of this.

I looked into his eyes, and he gazed into mine. It was like we were the only two people in the world. Like nobody could hurt us. I heard my wold bark happily inside me as I felt it “Mate.” He was my mate. I had found my mate. Mum must have known. That was why she led me here.

Brodie looked up at everyone else and coughed. I forgot I was lying on the ground, with him leaning over my body. He stood up and then helped me up. I blushed bright red as Brodie led me away. “I am taking her to my room, so I can get a better look at her and then I shall put her and the child in holding until we decide what to do.” The crowd all nodded and dispersed quietly. I followed Brodie into the sprawling house, as he led me to his room. I heard Toby through our link, he was telling me that he was alright and that he was going with Tyler. I believed he would be safe. Brodie led me to his room and then shut the door.