Chapter 9

Toby POV

“BETH” I cried, trying to wake her

Brodie had explained what had happened. She had been in the shower with him (YUCK) and when he kissed her, she fainted. Thankfully Brodie had taken her out of the shower and put her into the bed. He had also wrapped her up in a black robe, which looked blacker against her pale skin.

She wouldn’t open her eyes, but she twitched every couple of minutes, which is letting me know she is alive.

I don’t know what happened, and neither does Brodie, but he is worried for her. I think we all are.

We get visits from different pack members, to see if she is any better.

It has almost been a day and she hasn’t woken. Carli came and joined me and Brodie and we continued our plan.

2 days.

We had 2 days to carry this out and I needed Beth to help with this. I don’t know what I could do to wake her. But I needed her awake.

I thought that maybe I could just talk to her

Maybe.

She would wake up.

She couldn’t die on me.

Not yet.

And that was when I heard a blood curdling scream.

I rushed to her bedside and she grabbed my arm and muttered one word

“Fuck”

I waited for more, but she said nothing. I panicked and ran to find Brodie, who had gone to get some food with Carli.

“GUYS, SHE IS AWAKE. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT. PLEASE” I cried to them and they all rushed to her room.

She was back unconscious, her breathing heavier than before. But at least she was moving.

Brodie touched her hand and she sat up screaming

“GET OFF ME. DON’T TAKE ME. PLEASE.”

“Baby, babe, it’s me. It’s okay” Brodie said, trying to calm her.

Her eyes were shut, she couldn’t see us. She thrashed around in the bed before whispering “I give in” and falling back onto the bed.

What is going on with her??

I am scared….

Beth POV

I felt trapped. Under a rock. It was weighing down on me. That’s when it came for me.

I felt the mist swarm around me. I couldn’t move away. I called out “someone help me” and that’s when I saw Alec’s face. “Fuck” I muttered. He was last person I wanted help from. I knew that this meant trouble.

“What do you want?” I called to him. He was controlling the mist, floating slightly above the dreary blackness that had swallowed me whole.

“I want Toby” he said.

All of a sudden the mist was cloaking me, strangling me. I lost my breath and just as I felt life slipping away it would come back. This happened about 5 times, me screaming and then slowly dying before he would save me and torment me at the same time.

“Where is he Beth?” He asked menacingly.

“I don’t know” I panted, trying to get out of his reach.

“GET AWAY FROM ME. DON’T TOUCH ME!” I cried.

I needed to wake up. How do I wake up?

“BRODIEEEEE” I cried, praying my mate link was still accessible and knowing that he could hear me…

“I need your help!” I called.

I got no answer

I was alone.

Brodie POV

“BRODIEEEEE” I heard, through my mind. Beth was in trouble.

I couldn’t respond however. I reacted.

I grabbed a cup of cold water and threw it over her face.

She jerked upright her eyes open and water dripping down her blood red cheeks.

“Bethany?” I asked, standing back slightly

“Brodie” she said heaving a sigh of relief.

“What happened?”

“Oh it was horrible baby, Alec got me. I don’t know how.”

“Wait, you were with Alec all week?” I asked shocked.

“Wait… how long was I out of it?” She asked, her green eyes, wide with fear.

“Beth, baby, do you remember our shower? How we went for a shower at about 7am... Beth, look at the clock. What time is it?” I asked her, trying to figure out what had happened.

“It’s 11.03pm. So I have been out for over 16 hours. I remember falling in the shower, and then my grandmother, I think, told me I was pregnant and that the baby will be coming on my birthday. That I have been pregnant a while. Then she faded away and I went down, falling further. I remember hitting rock bottom, it was dark and scary. Then Alec came. He had locked me in this. He wants Toby. He almost killed me multiple times. Smothering me and wrapping me up in fire like tendrils that had taken my air away from me so well. He knows something is happening soon and he threatened my life over it.”

“Brodie I am scared”

The whole time she spoke I listened. But when I heard that she was pregnant, I panicked.

First of all. I am 18 for god’s sake. I shouldn’t be having kids…

But what could I do?

It’s my child.

I am actually excited for it.

I hope it’s a boy.

Because I already have the perfect name

Oliver Toby.

Olli for short.

My son.