Chapter 12

Beth POV

I didn’t want Toby to get hurt.

I never wanted Toby to get hurt.

He was my brother, whether we were half siblings, or not, he was still raised as mine. I couldn’t lose him. Not now.

“TOBY” I screamed, knowing that his days were almost over. I knew it wouldn’t be long before I lost my brother. And so I broke down.

There I was, a pregnant 19 year old, laying on the ground, my brother practically dead, screaming and crying, wishing that he would survive and come back.

I remembered back to the time where I was 15 and he was about 2. He was smart and he told me that if anything ever happened, remember his first words.

His first words to me were that he loved me.

I cried on the ground and whispered “I love you Toby”.

All of a sudden, my tears dried. The clouds above us split, and the sun shone through, shining on my baby brother. I knew it was happening. He was leaving. Joining my parents, up with the angels.

The sun shone on him and he lifted his small delicate head smiling at me.

“Love you too Beth” he whispered before slumping back down.

His heart, which had been beating strongly stopped, his breath stopped coming and he was slumped over.

He was dead

My baby brother, the one I had tried so hard to protect all of his life.

He was dead.

Gone.

Carli POV

I felt it happen.

Every single bit.

 His heart stopped, and I felt it breaking in two. I felt my own break in two as well. I had lost my mate. Something no one should have to go through. He was dead. My perfect mate, dead. Never coming back for me. For us. To live a happy life.

I fell on the floor and held Beth, both of us mourning the loss. I had lost my one true love and Beth had lost her brother. I held her and she held me, both of use with tears streaming down our faces.

I heard Alec start chuckling and I glared at him.

I felt myself getting angrier at him for killing Toby. No he didn’t pull the trigger, but everything beforehand had been enough on him.

He was broken.

And so was I.

Brodie POV

I saw Beth and Carli, both laying on the floor and I didn’t know what to do. Alec stood there laughing and I was ready to slit his throat. That fucking bastard killed someone that my mate loved.

“Do you think this is funny?” I asked him, shaking with rage.

Alec looked up at me and smiled “well yes actually, I do. You see it’s quite simple. When I killed her” he said pointing at Beth “father, her mother did the same thing. I am wondering what you would do if I killed her”

“Well you’re not getting a chance” I said launching at him, shifting mid-air. I pushed him against the cottage biting at his neck.

If I killed him, he couldn’t hurt Beth anymore.

Toby’s body was lying on the ground and Beth and Carli were around him.

Alec and I wrestled through the grassy hills. I had the upper hand, being a wolf but he had silver coating him in certain places, burning my mouth whenever I tried a bite.