Chapter 4

Beth POV

Wow. I had been in this pack for less than two days and I had found my mate. The issue was, I wasn’t sure if I could be a Luna. I mean, yeah I survived for two years on my own, but that doesn’t mean anything. I am pretty sure it’s because of Toby that I survived. I don’t know how I can do this… I refuse to reject him though. That is one thing I won’t do. I grabbed my diary out of my bag that I had carried for two years and sat down on the floor. After our make out sesh and my little explanation, I was shown to my room. Although I had only been there for a little bit, everyone was making me feel very welcome. It was weird that this pack had an 18 year old Alpha, but I didn’t want to ask why.

I sat down at the desk in the corner and found a pen. I opened to a fresh page, and let my mind take over.

Dear Diary,

Okay, so we found the pack… I am worried what will happen next but I have good news. I have found my Mate!!! His name is Brodie and he is the Alpha of this pack! Shit! The pack have made me feel really welcome tho, so I think it’s gonna be ok… Toby fits in well too… he has made a couple of friends, I think he is hanging out with a girl, Carli… wonder how that will go. Carli is 14, Toby is 5. I pray to God they aren’t mates. I would shoot him!!! Anyway I have to go, maybe find Brodie for another lip sesh ;) xo

God my handwriting was messy. I quickly shut my diary and shoved it back in my bag. I ran out of my room and proceeded to Brodie’s. I knocked on the door and waited for a response. “Just a sec” he called and I smiled to myself. He opened the door, and I noticed that he had no top on. His chest was gorgeous, I am pretty sure I could feel myself drooling. He cleared his throat and I looked up at him. “Oh, uh…” I stammered, knowing I got caught for eye-raping. “I just wanted to come in?” I asked, sounding like an idiot. Brodie laughed “Yeah sure, come in then”

I realised he had been asleep, “Shit! I didn’t wake you up, did I?” I went bright red, embarrassed at that fact. “Nah it’s all good” he said as he shut the door “Come lie with me” I blushed a bright red, probably brighter than my hair and lied down next to him. He put his arms around me and held me close.

“Okay, I have a question” I said timidly “Shoot” he said, holding me close.
“Okay, so what’s this whole mate thing? Like I understand that it’s someone you’re supposed to be with for the rest of your life, someone that loves you and all, but is that it or?” I asked, feeling like an idiot for not knowing.

“Yeah so you have the basics. A mate will mark you as their own, but some people reject there mate. When I knew you were my mate, I was worried you would reject me. You see, rogues don’t accept their mates. They don’t understand the pack bond, or the joining as part of a pack. They would much rather be on their own for the rest of their lives, instead of being one with a pack. Especially considering I was Alpha, I expected you to run to the hills. Why didn’t you?”

“Well….” I said, blushing, “My mother wanted me to come here, she said I had to find you. I doubt she realised that we were mates but this was her home pack. My mother used to belong in the pack but when she met my father, she transferred to his pack. She wanted me and Toby to grow up with her family.” I said really slowly, understanding it for the first time. “This. This is my family. I am part of this pack. That’s why I knew exactly where to go. That’s why you didn’t shoot me dead. I am a part of you. All of you.”

“Well… I have a question for you as well Beth.” He said, almost like he was shy. “Okay, shoot” I said mimicking him from earlier. He smiled slightly and moved so he was looking me in the eye.

“Will you accept me as your mate?”

Alex POV

Toby.

That was the one thing I want.

And of course, he is being protected by a bunch of bloody werewolves.

How am I going to get my hands on him…? I will get my hands on him. If it’s the last thing I do!

He will regret ever crossing me.

Soon he will be dead!

Brodie POV

“Will you accept me as your mate?” I asked, scared she might reject me. I liked her. I liked her a lot. I hoped she said yes. So I could mark her as my own.

“Yes” she said, her cheeks burning red again. God I loved it when I made her blush.

I closed my eyes and pictured her gorgeous face. Her pale pink cheeks, bright green eyes, wide and cheerful. Her pale red lips, so kissable. Her long brown hair tumbling down to her waist, framing her gorgeous body and face. I opened my eyes, and kissed her.

Only to realise she had left and I kissed my pillow.

I heard her laugh tinkle into the room.

“What?” I asked, praying she hadn’t seen it.

“Did the pillow taste nice?” She asked smirking at me. I looked out my window, trying not to blush when I noticed it was early morning.

“Geez, how long did I sleep for?” I asked, suddenly aware that is was now morning, and that she had come in during the night.

“Well you fell asleep after asking me that question, and so I went and checked on Toby, fell asleep and then woke up early to have a shower… Then I thought I would come in here to see how you were and I see you making out with your pillow...” She says trying not to laugh.

“Well… keep quiet okay? Nobody needs to know that the guy they look up to was caught making out with his pillow because his mate was in the shower.” I said laughing.

She looked up at me, her green eyes sparkling, her lips parted slightly, and I wanted to kiss her. So badly, I wanted my lips pressed against hers. Fuck, I could feel myself growing “down there”

I think she realised because she started laughing even more. I grabbed a pillow and put it between my legs, my cheeks a bright crimson.

“Glad to know I can get a reaction outta ya” she said grinning.

She came over and jumped into my bed, moving the pillow.

Wow, she was playful this morning. She snuggled closer to me and I put my arms around her. My hands moved down to her waist as I spun her around. We were nose to nose as she giggled at me.

She looked so cute, the way her nose scrunched up when she laughed. I thought I was going to die. I needed her. She was my missing piece.

I looked at her and said quietly “I love you”

She looked surprised but replied with “I love you too… But with that boner… we better do something about it” she said winking.

I blushed scarlet and asked her, feeling dominant “Oh yeah, what shall we do with it?”

“Well?” I prompted when I had no reply. “That’s what I thought Beth, too scared to touch it” I said teasing. Inside though, I wished she did.

She looked at me and smirked then slowly put her hand down my pants, sitting on my underwear. I heard her gasp at how firm it was and then looked at her grinning face.

“I would like to try something” she said, smiling mischievously.