Chapter 5

Beth POV

I wanted to do “it”. OMG what has come over me? But I couldn’t back down now. I think he understood what I wanted and asked “are you sure? If we do this, then I mark you as mine”

I nodded slowly and grinned.

I wanted him… Badly.

I felt him mark me. It felt amazing. I wanted to just freeze that moment. Forever.

I lay back breathing hard next to him. “That was really good” I said breathlessly, sitting up to pull my pants back up. “Are you okay?” I asked him, worried because he hadn’t said anything. He looked me in the eyes and said “fuck. You are amazing… I swear you are magical. I love you so much”

I lay back down next to him, snuggling in closer. By now it would have been about 8am and we had to get up soon. But I was warm and comfortable. I had the mark on me. I was his. We were now one. I was so happy and so proud.

But there was just one thing I had to ask.

“What happened to the Alpha before you?” I asked gently, still calming the butterflies in my stomach.

His eyes changed to a smoky colour as he practically whispered “My parents. My dad was shot by hunters. My mum tried to save him but she couldn’t, they shot her too. I was 14, so I was old enough to become Alpha. I didn’t want to though. I wasn’t ready for that type of responsibility.” I let that thought sink in as he continued. “Tyler looked after me. His parents, they helped me and showed me the ropes. But I didn’t know if I could do it. I had no support from the adults. Most of them fled to different packs. The kids however stayed. That’s why our pack is mostly teenagers. The adults didn’t trust me. They thought I would run this pack into the ground. Some came back about 2 years ago… They still don’t agree with having an 18 year old as Alpha but they are cool because I have saved their ass a ton of times.”

When he had finished, I held him close. We lay there cuddling, waiting for someone to interrupt. At that time, Sophie, one of the younger members came in. “Ty-ty said you needa make me breakfast. Get outta bed lazy heads” she said in her cute 4 year old voice. She was Tyler’s daughter to his mate, Mia. She was gorgeous but unfortunately, his mate passed away when she was giving birth. Sophie was a splitting image of her mother though, and everyone treated her like royalty.

I liked Sophie. She was friendly to me, and seemed to get along fine with Toby, although he seemed a bit grown up for her. He never really played with kids growing up. I don’t know why, mum wouldn’t let him. She knew there was something special. And I know she didn’t tell me everything.

But what is the big secret?

Toby POV

I need to tell Beth. She is old enough to know. The spell is going to wear off soon because it is technically my 16th birthday in 3 days. And then, my true self will show. I won’t let her find out the hard way. I need to find her.

“Hey Beth” I called, spotting her leaving Brodie’s room. I didn’t want to know but from the look on her face, she had a wild morning… “Can we talk? I asked quietly.

“Of course we can Toby, are you alright?” She asked, her eyes full of concern. How was I going to do this? “You need to get Brodie and meet me in the library. I had already gotten a couple of books that had what I was written in them and needed to let Brodie know just in case war did break out.

Lucky for us, Alec doesn’t know me beside my 5 year old form. He doesn’t know that I am actually 16 in 3 days. We have the element of surprise. And we were going to use it.

Brodie POV

I had just jumped out of the shower when Beth ran into my room. “I love how lazy this morning is and all but we needa meet Toby in the library… he sounds worried” she said breathlessly. She then realised I was sitting on my bed in just a towel and she grinned sheepishly. “I will wait outside” she said as she left the room.

I wonder what’s happening…………

I ran out my room less than 5 minutes later, dressed in jeans and a bright green top. I watched Beth run her eyes up and down me and couldn’t help but blush awkwardly. Okay, so this is why girls hate it when you look them up and down. She grabbed my hand and we ran to the library. It’s kinda funny… Beth has been here for what? 3 days? Yet she already has me wrapped around her finger. I was smitten.

We ran into the library to see Toby sitting in the far corner. I didn’t understand what was so wrong or urgent. I mean, he looked like a kid, who had just spilt his ice-cream. He looked so innocent. Like there wasn’t anything wrong…

“Guys, we need to talk. Beth, I am so sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. I thought we wold wait until we were in a pack. Until we were safer.” He started.

Where is this going?

“You remember Alec right, Beth?” She nodded and he continued. Who was this Alec kid? Guess I would find out.

“Do you remember the day your mum came home with me… how you didn’t believe we were actually related because of our differences?” She nodded again as he spoke “Well you were right. You have always been right. Alec is a bad man. He wants me. Dead preferably… But he has been watching us. You know the hunters we encountered on the way here?”

Beth cut in “Wait. So you’re trying to tell me that we aren’t related. Alec wants you dead. And people have been trying to kill you since we have been running. Why would someone want to kill a 5 year old?!”Beth cried, confused by the situation. I held her hand and she squeezed back, obviously glad I was there.

“Well that’s the other thing Beth. It’s my 16th Birthday in 3 days, but I am trapped inside a 5 year olds body. I was trapped on my 10th birthday. I am trapped in a werewolf body. So that’s why I shift. It isn’t me. It’s the wolf and humans body that are trying to push me out. And they will be glad to know. I am free in 3 days. They know. We have been counting it out together.

 I am not the one who has found their mate.

 Sophie isn’t my mate.

She is Charlie’s mate.