Chapter 11

Alec POV

I finally had them.

Finally.

I knew they were planning on coming, I knew Beth wanted to kill me. But I actually enjoy the suspicion. I knew my time may be over soon, but I was going to make their life miserable before it was.

Toby was chained up in the basement. At the moment he probably had about 3 hours left to live. And that was if I was feeling generous.

I heard a struggle downstairs and smiled. “Hmmm” I thought “Here early.”

I opened up the door guiding me down the steep steps. It was dark, Toby was still sloped against the wall, held up by 2 thick ropes. He didn’t move, didn’t blink, but I knew he was still alive. Only just but enough to be able to talk to Beth.

I turned my back to him and looked at the little window shielded by a big black curtain. I opened it slightly and smiled. They weren’t here yet, he still had time to prepare.

Their mother was a bitch. Didn’t deserve to live.

“She wasn’t born into the devil family. She was amazing. She was my best friend” I thought.

“You see, me and your mother used to be friends” I said to Toby unsure if he was conscious enough to hear me. “She was human, as was I. We were both young. At 15 she told me she had met someone and how she was in love. She said they were mates. I had only heard of mate hood in stories, yet your mother seemed to believe it was true. Well, this bastard marked her and she was never the same. She started to run faster, began running through the forest. One night, I followed her out. I mean, we were still best friends but it felt like she was hiding something. I watched her change. She wasn’t human anymore. She didn’t see me. Never knew I saw her like that. The day of her 16th birthday she told me she was pregnant with your bitch of a sister. She told me not to worry and that we would keep in touch. She lied. I found her when your sister was 12. I asked her for a night out and of course she came. She didn’t realise that I was born into a wizarding family. I didn’t know until after she left. She drank something, and I finally got to have sex with her. Except you were born.’’

I missed her. I really did. Wished I didn’t have to kill her, but she wouldn’t give me what was mine. That, and she was part of a devil when she was alive.

I had to kill her. It was for the best.

Her stupid wolf man tried to stop me. I ripped his arms off, tossed them to the side. Watched her scream, watching her mate die.

It was fun.

Until I saw Beth. She was the prettiest wolf I had ever seen. I really didn’t want to kill her. I would try my hardest to let her live.

Toby. What to do with my own son.

He was almost dead anyway. But there was something off. Even though he was slumped over, his breathing slowing completely, his heart was beating hard.

I wondered what that meant when I heard footsteps above.

“They are here early” I thought, smiling.

I had already killed this Alpha’s parents… Why not the son as well.

Brodie POV

I ran towards the fence line of his house. I knew this place, it used to be abandoned and I used to come here as a kid to get away after my parents were killed. Of course, I wasn’t a smart kid and so I had created a weapon room and forgot about it. WHOOPS!

Beth was following behind me. I had tried to keep her at the house, but she is stubborn. Even carrying the twins, which were showing more and more each day, she was here and ready to kick ass.

Carli was behind Beth, watching the perimeter. I didn’t know if Beth would be able to shift while carrying kids. I didn’t understand that whole side of things. But I also know that Beth is no ordinary wolf. There was something special about her.

And I had fallen in love with it.

We made it to the property and went to go through the back.

But we were greeted by Alec.

With a gun.

Pointed at Toby.

SHIT!