12) Gathering

(Avis POV)

Caitlin put the last decorations on the cake as the door bell rang. Stretching, I pull myself off the couch and walk to the door, smiling in Caitlin's direction. I reach for the gold plated handle and pull it to reveal 7 smiling faces. Scott, Kirstie, Mitch, Kevin, Esther, Darien and Jeremy.

"Come in guys, cakes just finished, Coffee is ready too"

Mitch jumped past everyone "Coffee? Yes please, 3 cups?" He smiles as he takes off his shoes by the door, hanging his fur lined coat on our rack and sitting himself on a stool near the kitchen counter. Scott pats my shoulder as he copies Mitch, making his way over to the kitchen.

"What kind of cake?" Kevin asks, sniffing the air for any hint.

"Chocolate, double fudge I think"

Kevin sat on the couch, starting to flick through the channels as Darien takes Esther's coat, as well with Jeremy and Kirstie. I walk to the kitchen, snake my hand around Caitlin's waist and rest my chin on her shoulder.

"Done?" I ask, pouting. Caitlin opens the cutlery drawer and pulls out a large knife and hands it to me, with a handful of cake forks and small plates as she carries the cake through. Everyone sat up, staring at the cake like puppies and a tennis ball. Caitlin laughed as she placed the cake in front of Mitch who was already sipping on a coffee, which I'm assuming he already made for himself. Caitlin motioned for me to hand the knife to her, so she could cut into the cake. Just as she makes the first cut, Avy starts screaming from upstairs. Esther puts up her hand as I begin to make my way to the stairs.

"I got this Avi" She smiles. I sigh in relief, as she makes her way upstairs. I hear the cries slowly die down, but Esther doesn't return. I move back over to Caitlin, who has already dished out three pieces of cake to Mitch, Kirstie and Scott. I pick up a plate, stand behind her and flutter kisses on her neck.

"Be patient, you'll get some" She giggles. I pout and hold my plate to my chin as I frown.

(Caitlin's POV)

Everyone munches away on their cake as I give one final slice to Avi.

"Not having any?" He asks with a mouth full of cake, wide eyed.

"Nah, not really hungry, I can see someone is..." Making Jeremy and Scott laugh. Avis facial expression drops as his eyes begin to look more sad and his mouth turns to a pout. My heart melted at the sight of my goofy fiancé, I kissed his cheek.

"I love you" I say as sincerely as I can. Avi swallows the cake he has in his mouth, taking a sip of milk and wiping his face, giving his oh-so-familiar cheeky grin. He kisses my lips briefly.

"I love you too" He smiles. I hug his shoulders from behind before clearing up the scraps of what is left by these children, Which consists of crumbs everywhere and milk spilled. I didn't mind. Avi kept talking to his friends as I walked around them clearing up all the mess I could find. I see Esther walk down the stairs, so I make my way towards her.

"Darien seems so sweet" I smile as we both take a seat on the couch, seeing Kirstie come over.

"Boy talk, not my thing" She smiles as she sits with us, looking back at our men talking together.

"How have you ladies been doing?" I ask, taking sips from my tea. Kirstie relaxes on the couch and folds her knees over each other.

"Jeremy and I bought a puppy" She beamed.

"Oh Right! The husky right? Olaf? You posted so many pictures of him online" We giggled together. "He's beautiful" Esher pipes in.

"He really is, but he has so much energy, I mean... I though Jeremy would be harder work but.. Boy does he need a lot of exercise" Me and Esther nodded in unison as Kirstie told us about how life is for her. I set my cup down as I empty it.

"How's wedding planning?" Esther asks.

"Stressful but.. Not as hard as I thought. I have my dress, we've figured out where the service will be, and the reception. We have someone who has offered to do our cake for us and we have a florist. Avi is keen on getting a DJ of some sort so he can 'Bust a Move'" We all giggle. I do love spending time with Avi, but getting time with the girls can be so relaxing. They understand where I'm coming from with my opinions and decisions.

"Are you and Jeremy planning on anything anytime soon?" I ask Kirstie.

"W-what? Oh, no no. Getting a puppy was already a huge step for us, gonna give it some more time first" She blushes. We chat some more about irrelevant things before Avi calls me over.

"The boys want to go out later tonight, yknow...stag party. Is that ok....?" He grins.

"Of course, as long as you come home safely" I smiled.

"Sweet!" Avi high fives Kevin, and one by one, they all Leave.