Chapter 7: Goodbye Catherine

CarolinePOV

            I could see Madden across the lawn talking to a tall, reserved man.  I slowly stood and pulled his dress jacket tighter around my shoulders; the cool Lille air was bitter against my exposed shoulders.

            I felt cool hands wrap around my neck and cover my mouth.  “Hello sister,” she said bitterly, shoving me onto the ground, keeping her gun aimed at my chest.  Her eyes hardened as they locked with mine.  Her red lips were pressed into a thin line as she fought to control her anger.

            “I’m not going to get in your way,” I said softly, slowly rising to my feet.

            “I know you’re not,” she said in a shaky tone.  “I’m going to make sure you don’t.”

            “What do you mean?” I asked, frantically looking around for anyone to come save me.  The garden was completely empty besides my sister and me.

            “You’ve been flirting with my husband,” she said, clicking her tongue and resting her finger on the trigger.  “Wrong move.”

            “It was all part of the show,” I said calmly.  “It wasn’t real, Catherine.”

            “My name is Caroline,” she spat.  I watched her arm shake as her finger tightened on the trigger.  “Goodbye Catherine,” she whispered.  I watched as her lips curled into a cruel smile.  She stepped closer to me and watched me with cold eyes.  “This is what I’ve dreamt of doing for too long.  I was always too scared to follow my dreams,” she whispered.  “But I’m not scared anymore, Care, I’m ready to take everything back.”

            “Please don’t do this,” I whispered as she crept closer to me.

            “That’s the difference between you and me, Care,” she spat.  “You wait for the better sides in everyone to come out.  Some people don’t have good sides, Care.”

            “You do!” I shouted.  “You try too hard to be the bad one!”

            She laughed a rich, bitter laugh and glared down at me.  “You just don’t give up do you?” She asked, sinking low beside me.  I could feel the gun against my chest now, but I refused to give in to her.  “Goodbye, my sweet Catherine.”

            “You’ll never get away with this,” I whispered.

            “Darling sister, I already have.”

            Bang.

A/N

I know it's really terrible of me to end the chapter, but I'm going to update soon!

I want to touch on the fact that I am very thankful for everyone who has read so far.  I really appreciate everyone who has read so far. (:

Vote and comment when possible.  Please and thank you!

-Al