Chapter Twelve: View

Please excuse the little picture thingy I had to make *nervously smiles*

"How did I not notice that last night?" I said, standing on the decked outside area the following afternoon, fairly taken back. That was Cape Town for you.

"Probably because you were still pissed off at me for dragging you on a sixteen hour flight." Daniel came and stood on the balcony next to me, stretching out his back in nothing more than his boxers. We had only just woken up after passing out on the bed. I had slept in my jeans which wasn't at all comfortable despite the mattress itself feeling like heaven.

"Hey, you know I was only tired," I whispered. Dan had taken hours to plan all of this- from packing my suitcase and arranging them to be taken to the airport without me knowing, to late night phone calls with his parents to book appropriate safari tours. Not many men would go to the length that Daniel had done. Then again there weren't very many men out there like him. He was pretty damn hard to come by.

"I know," he said, sipping straight out one of the cartons of orange juice I'd got out the little fridge. Everything in there was complimentary. "Want some?"

"Go on then..." I chuckled, not bothering to go and get a glass. We were far too classy for this five star resort. Who needed juice glasses? Not us, was the answer. "Dare I ask if you have anything planned for today?"

"You can ask, but I'm not going to tell you," Dan quipped, undoing the balcony's gate and venturing onto the sand. It was unfortunately overcast. "Quick swim first?"

"Quick swim." I nodded, and made sure two towels were on the chair.

"Then lunch." Daniel grabbed his boarders. I'd already put my bikini on underneath my shorts. While staring at a massive mountain. It was, in all fairness, very distracting.

As was Daniel staring at you, pretending not to be catching flies. Nice try, Danny boy.

I ditched my flip-flops, prepared myself for a meet and greet with some massive sharks and grabbed Daniel's hand, then running towards the waves. The hotel resort had its own private beach complete with lifeguards and a swim zone.

"Oh shitting hell that is fucking freezing!" I screamed, soon waist deep in the Atlantic(?) Ocean. Please let there not be any jellyfish. Or stingrays. "Fuck fuck fuck."

"Such a lady!" Daniel laughed, his teeth chattering. Only surfers and a handful of other people were in the water too. The majority stuck to the safety of the beach. "Bloody icy in here. Whose idea was this?"

"Yours."

"Well it was shit idea. Why didn't you stop me?" Despite this, Dan ducked under the water and came back up, flicking his hair that had flipped over his forehead and eyes.

"Your hair grows so quick," I commented, moving the curls back from his face. "Why can't mine grow that fast."

"Must be my shampoo...although I did accidentally use yours the other day." Daniel's teeth chattered again and for once his skin was cold on mine.

"Tell you what, I really need a shower. I didn't have one yesterday." I laughed, wondering how my toes had gone so numb so fast. I wouldn't be able to feel the eels beneath my feet now.

"Errrrrrr." Dan flipped his temporary fringe and splashed some more water at me. "Actually, me needs a shower too."

"Not if you use my nice shampoo again you can't."

"What about if you're using it and it somehow gets a bit on me, too. Does that count, Saskia?"

"Let me think," I said, holding a finger to his lips. "Think it doesn't."