Chapter Nineteen: YeeSSS

Parts of this may look a bit familiar- lots of new bits in there too though! I hope you enjoy x

"Why is it that we always end up running through the airport?" I laughed, juggling the two empty coffee cups along with my hand luggage that I was holding. Heathrow was extremely busy as always and I was travelling back to the principality pretty light. All I had was my handbag with some paper work that I'd printed off to do in the sunshine.

"Because we both chatted at the Factory for a bit too long. Plus, discussing your snoring was pretty hilarious." Daniel grinned as he fished around his company bag for his passport. Telling him that our documents were in the front pocket would ruin all of the fun. And to think he called me the clumsy one!

I gave him a look; the snoring joke still hadn't died its death eighteen months on. Apparently you could hear me snoring half way up the marketing corridor that afternoon as I slept at my desk, peacefully unaware of my colleagues making the mick. They were brilliant.

"It obviously doesn't bother you that much..." I said in my defence, grabbing a tray to put all of our belongings in at security. The empty Costa cups went into the bin. Only my second Costa of the day. "Let us not forget that I was the one working through the night whilst you had the massive bed, and duvet, all to yourself." And that was true. Although, in saying that, since this time last year we had barely spent a night apart.

"Yeah, I suppose." He rolled his eyes and added his snapback into the tray along with some loose change and his iPhone. "I did miss not being able to deprive you of the duvet..."

"Careful, otherwise you won't have anyone to steal the covers off for the next few nights either!"

Daniel sniggered but decided to be quiet as it was our turn to go through the security scanner, only for about the thirtieth time that year.

I went through first, as usual, and got the all clear. I was sorting out the boarding passes when Daniel got flagged.

"Sir, do you mind if we give you a quick search?" the man spoke. We were pushed for time but we weren't as late as what we had been in the past months. Heathrow to Shanghai at the start of the 2015 season had been the leg from hell.

"Nah, go ahead." Daniel shrugged, taking a hand out of the pocket of his jeans as he raised his eyebrows at me. He was smiling, as usual. It was a bloody good job that I would never get tired of his grin- it still made my legs go weak.

I stood to the side, people watching, whilst he got frisked and then I was approached by a member of the security team who was standing next to the person at the computer.

"Is this your bag?" the woman asked, pointing to Dan's holdall.

"Uh no, my partners." I nodded and she looked irritated. Yes, she wasn't the only one who was a bit on the tired side. And it wasn't my fault that Daniel had left something dodgy in his bag. Probably was a bottle of deodorant, knowing him.

"Okay, we wait." She told me sternly, baring her teeth. One of my second cousins was a security officer at Stansted Airport and I really hoped that she was more pleasant that this woman. A smile was required on my face 24/7 for my job, however hard that was. Quite clearly, the same protocol was not required for bag searching.

Daniel got given the all clear as he reasoned that it was the button on his jeans that was setting the scanner off, and eventually security believed him after an extensive explanation in two different languages. Why the English found it so difficult to understand Australians I did not know. Mind you, that had been me year and a half ago...and last week when he and Paul broke out into full on bogan.