Chapter Twenty: Sinking In

Hey,hey! Wanted to publish this before I go to Greece tomorrow morning- I'll be back next Friday and shall publish the next installment then:) Have a good week and I hope you like this chapter. I had a lot of fun writing it (I always do) x

After getting back to the apartment and swiftly closing the bedroom door after us, I had jumped into the shower, giving my hair the wash it so badly needed. Daniel was talking to his parents and I could hear that both parties sounded incredibly happy via the lifesaver of FaceTime. Joe and Grace could work it a little better than my parents, which was a relief.

Walking around in my traditional towel turban and slouchy sweatpants, I made my way into the kitchen and poured two glasses of orange juice. It was slightly alarming how much just the two of us got through each week.

"Yeah yeah," Dan said, raising his eyebrows at me. There had been a permanent smile on his face since approximately three thirty-six that afternoon. "Saskia, mum wants to see the ring..."

I left my glass on the worktop and pointed to the towel on my head and lack of appropriate vest top. Daniel was somehow smiling more. He beckoned me over and I picked up my glass again, handing his to my...wait for it, fiance.

"Saskia!" There was no mistaking the excitement in Grace's voice. "Let us see!"

So I held finger up to the front facing camera on Daniel's phone and sat down on the sofa. Dan glugged down his orange juice and put his arm around me. Someone was a bit thirsty after our bedroom stint. At least he'd had his workout for the day seeing as our run had been cut a bit short. All for an incredibly good reason though.

"Awww, wow." The image on Dan's iPhone crackled a bit. You could still make out both Grace and Joe's reaction though. I was no ring expert, but the band on my finger was worth a lot of money. Which made me a little nervous, even if it was insured. "Dan, you chose well...better than that jumper you got me last Christmas."

"Ha, funny. Saskia wasn't around to help me out then...not that she helped me to chose both of your birthday presents this year...uhhh." Dan blushed, and I kissed him on the cheek. Grace 'ahhhhed' again.

"Congrats to you both. We love having you in the family, Saskia," Joe spoke up and water welled in my eyes once more. There had been a lot of happy tears that day, and I mean a lot! "Even if you do have a towel turban..."

"I don't get what's wrong with it," I whispered, resting my head on Dan's shoulder and trying not to knock him out with my designer head gear. No kidding; our towels were from good old Primarni (basically, Primark). "And thank you, I am very, very lucky."

I grinned furthermore (not that it was exactly possible) and Daniel whispered 'I love you' in my ear.

---

Dan was having his shower in our en-suite as I laid on the bed, contemplating that I should probably put some water on for the rice. Tuesday night was curry night, F1 modified style. In all honesty, it tasted just as good- partly because Daniel preferred hot food and I was completely onboard with that.

However first, first I had to ring my own parents. I'd sent my mum a brief text of 'OMG. WILL RING AT FIVE. BE THERE!!! XXX' but let's be honest, that gave shite all away.

I got up off the bed and picked up the landline phone. "Dan, I'm giving mum and dad a ring," I informed him, opening the bathroom door momentarily. Good view. Hella brilliant view...and it was mine.

"Say hi from me!" Daniel called back, wiping the glass of the shower that was steaming up and gave me a lopsided grin, cocking his head to one side. That man knows full well what he does to me.