ChapteЯ 9: You just make it awkward

I prayed it wouldn’t be awkward on the bus ride to school.  It wasn’t.  That much.  It was like the pool scene never happened.  I was so thankful for Clint I would have kissed him.

But that would be stupid. 

Ordered to wear the outfits my mom strictly told me to wear, I ended up showing to school in a dress.  That’s right.  A dress.  It was kind of cute . . . in a girly kind of way.  White small thing, the fabric flaring out like the sundress I wore earlier at the country club. 

Hiding behind teachers and sticking along the walls earned me some attention, second looks heading in my direction.  I wasn’t too fond of it, but hey, we all hated things in life. 

The upside to this was that there was only three days left until the end of school.  I would only have to embarrass myself in front of all my peers for 72 hours more. 

Heading out of my English class, I avoided Clint at all costs, not wanting to see him without picturing him naked.  Don’t call me a perv.  I was scarred last night, okay?

Brushing past a group of timid ninth graders, it felt good to approach the top of the food chain.   

It was crazy how the year went by so fast, how one minute I was a freshman and then the next I was soon to be stepping into senior year. 

Driz and I had the whole summer planned out too.  We even laid out the rules on each of our phones.

Eat. 

Sleep.

Blink. 

But with Driz’s boyfriend on the other hand, it was now:

Eat.

Sleep.

Blink.

Jeff. 

The first thing I did when I came back to the school the next day, I stormed up to her locker and practiced in my head what I was going to say.  After the country club, it was so hard not to sleep, thinking if there were any other things Driz lied to me about.  Also because imagines of my mom ogling at Clint’s test*cles were there too, but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. 

When I told Driz I knew about Jeff, she tried to act all innocent for about ten seconds.  Then I threw her textbooks to the floor.  It took a lot of questions, interrogating and threats until she finally gave in.  While she was crying on my shoulder, many heads turned as I tried to sooth her.  Or in other words.  Shut the fuck up.    

The moment was quite awkward too, for the fact that she was 5’7 and I was pretty short.  I didn’t bother to say that though, too busy trying to think if bleach would wash her snot off my shirt.