Chapter 27: The Carlton Dance

Please comment (and vote)!! I was truly depressed when only two people commented last chapter ;( Why? Did I do something wrong?

Dedication goes to @AmoraLoki That fact made me laugh.

Not edited btw. I'll do it tomorrow :)

The song 'I Wish' by Cher Lloyd ft. T.I. is the perfect song for LSIBA! Click it to the right yo>>

And I decided to change the casting for Ly-a Monroe and she is now played by Cher Llyod. Thank you to the person who recommended that :)

Chapter 27: The Carlton Dance

I think my fairy godmother must have visited me in my sleep because I was lucky enough not to trip up the stairs with these God awful heels. Although, the daily practices definitely paid off; a huge difference was made since I wore my first heels.

"Remind me not to get in your way," Will said, opening the door.

Music, specifically violins, flowed throughout the grand room, and I barely caught Will's comment without stirring my entire attention towards the decorations. Golden ornaments cast from all sides of the room, and the glass chandelier was centred, illuminating a dim light over the dance floor. People were dressed in royal gowns, masks matching their colours of lace and bows. "What? Why?" I asked.

He closed the door while flashing the guards our invitations. "Those heels look terribly deadly. One wrong word, and BAM. Shoe off foot, heel into my eye. Blood. Gore. Girl, Imma be a blind man."

"With a single olive," I added. He made a horrific look and I laughed.

*************

"What?! This is the fifth slow song in a row!"

I was about to nod, but a sharp elbow jabbed the side of my head. Scowling at the blunt waiter, I rubbed the wounded spot and continued to sulk. Following Stacy's personal seating plan, she placed our designated table away from everyone.

And by that, I mean the sucky table that sat beside the spot where dirty dishes were thrown and washed. Exactly where the waiters and waitresses fly by, not even stopping to say sorry each time they elbowed my head.

"Is music the only thing you can think about?" I grumbled, dodging a swinging arm.

"I'm a black man. Our life is dedicated to music. But music isn't the only thing I hate right now. It's the seating plan! No one even notices our snazzy outfits back here!" He popped his collar just as the slow violin solo played. "I mean, c'mon! Bet you ten bucks a white old man is controlling this playlist."

I spoke a small, "Yeah. Okay," as I craned my neck. It seemed Will and I were the only ones with distinctive masks, others easily noticeable. I already spotted Mary and Aria, but no sign of Driz, Jeff, or even Clint.

"My ass hurts," Will complained. "Seriously. This wooden chair needs some enhancement. Add a cushion at least!"

I gave up on my search, and sighed. "Has anyone told you, you are quite the complainer?"

"Yes, ma'am. Many times." Stretching, he extended his long arms, hitting the tray off the waiter behind him. Crash! We spun around to see broken glass and a glaring man who looked ready to kill my partner. "I think I hear the white old DJ call'in us," Will said while giving the man an uneasy smile.

Grabbing my hand before I could object, we directed ourselves from the table and into the crowd. Just as we stepped into the main area, a surge of warmth engulfed my cheeks as many people stopped chatting. Whispers and hushed tones filled the room, and Will and I exchanged funny looks.