열두

Four years ago on the 14th of February, three families were involved in a car crash together. The three families all coincidentally were going to the same place: Caribbean Bay. Also coincidentally, the three were part of the Peaceful Families Organisation. They were all going to attend the Family Day that was held at Caribbean Bay.

The Jung family were a family of four. Two parents, an older daughter and a younger son. The youngest in the family, standing at age fourteen, was excited because not only was he going to have fun at Caribbean Bay, he was going to have fun with his two best friends. He could not stop bouncing up and down in the car as the family drove towards their destination.

The Jang family were also a family of four. Two divorced parents, an older son and a younger daughter. Though divorced, the parents would make time for their children because they were their pride and bundle of joy. At thirteen years of age, the youngest was mature and understood that being excited openly would affect their parents concentration on the road.

The Kim family were a family of five. Two parents, an older son, a younger daughter and a younger son. The eldest son had turned thirteen in December, and since they weren't able to celebrate it then, the family had decided to celebrate his belated birthday along with the Family Day at Caribbean Bay. He was excited and happy, but he most definitely did not expect the unexpected to happen.

It had rained in the wee hours of the morning. The road was unusually slippery and all three fathers whom drove the cars were careful with their driving. They had seen multiple car crashes along the way of their journey to Caribbean Bay. They had blocked out any noise and concentrated solely on their driving. But they were not careful enough.

Exiting from three different exits, the three cars meet each other at the intersection. Not knowing what to do, the three fathers give their all to avoid crashing into each other. But because of the slippery road, all three cars skidded and crashed onto each other. Passing cars all stopped and called for help, pleading to hurry because they noticed the seven children in the three cars.

Ambulances, police and firefighters arrive on the spot within ten minutes. The firefighters give it their all and quickly pulled out all the victims of the car crash, avoiding the shards of glass and pried off their tight seat-belts. The medics immediately brought out stretchers and clothes so they could check the conditions of the victims. The police set to ask the passing cars' drivers and nearby onlookers about the situation.

One by one, the medics did their best to save all the victims. But sadly, two of the victims passed away before medical care could be given to them. Half of the rest were harmed badly and two lost their memories prior to the crash. They were all sent to the hospital immediately after thorough inspection and got the hospital's specialists and professors to treat them.

Lee Tae Hee, the Kim family's mother, passed away due to the excessive bleeding in her brain when she hit the dashboard of the car during the car crash. The family was devastated but they decided to move on. Kim Joon Ho, the father, continued his life for his children. He knew that without their mother, they were lost, so he had to step up and be there for his children more than he ever had. The Kim family's eldest son, aged thirteen, was shocked for his life. His mother was the closest thing he had in life and did not wish to interact with anyone for a few months. But he soon changed that. He knew his mother would not want him to be that way, so he pretended to be happy and never showed any other emotions.

Jang Ha Kyeon, the oldest child of the Jang family, passed away due to tiny glass shards puncturing his lungs and major organs. The medics and doctors did not know the cause of his death until later when they sent the body for thorough inspection. The entire family was devastated because he was going to college in London after his last weekend with his family. They were so proud of him when he received the letter and announced his acceptance to the college. Both parents got married again so they could properly support their youngest and only child as she had lost her memories. The doctors announced that she had lost at least eight years of memories but she would gradually remember them if she wanted to.

The Jung family were lucky to be all alive. However, their youngest child, their son, had suffered memory lost. Like the Jang family's daughter, their son lost almost eight to nine years of memories. The family tried hard everyday to relive his memories, but the doctors made the judgement that he will never remember his memories. For the following years, both parents got into fights often and eventually decided to get a divorce. The once happy household became empty when the mother left and the father took custody of both children. They had to strive to live, but when the father gets a promotion to become the director of a successful company, the family realized that they needn't a complete family to move on in life. So they moved into a new house and lived their lives luxuriously.

And like every cliche story, they all get linked together in their later lives. The Kim family's eldest son found his 1/2 of his best friends, the Jung family's son. He tries to help him remember but he failed. They started school and met five new boys who became their best friends. It wasn't until the first day of high school did the Jang family's daughter entered their lives once more. The Kim family's eldest son remembered her immediately but dared not to talk to her because he knew that she did not remembered any of them. However, when one day the Jung family's son set his eyes on her and they made her as an object of their bet, the Kim family's eldest son knew. He knew that he wanted and needed to make the both of them remember, no matter how hard it took or how many obstacles he and the two had to go through before they remember one another and become like in the past.