Were?

"Ok I've got a pulse" a paramedic says.
"She's waking up" says another.
"Mam I need you to stay still ok. Wait we are losing her again get the defibrillator we need to bring her back"

*5 house later*

"She's waking up. Liv. Liv? It's El. I'm here don't worry. I'm here. I'm not leaving" he says stoking her head.
"What " She says attempting to sit up.
"Don't move Liv stay there. Your ok" Elliot gets up to speak to the doctor.
"is she going to be ok?" He asks.
"She's a fighter I can tell you that. We brought her back 3 times, twice in the ambulance and once in surgery" she replies.
"But will she be ok. She will won't she?" He asks, tears still rolling down his face.
" She should be. But I'm sorry" she looks down.
"What? What!"
"I'm so sorry. The baby didn't make it". The doctor says.
"What. What baby?" Elliot shouts confused.
"She's pregnant. Well she was. I'm so sorry. The baby wasn't big. Her egg was only just fertilised. The baby wouldn't have felt any pain being only a few days. I'm sorry, But didn't you know?" She asks.
"No" Elliot looks over to his beautiful partner. He walks over to her.
"El? What did the doctor say?" She asks.
He doesn't reply.
"El!" She grabs his arm.
"Did you know?"
"Know what?".
"About the baby?" His eyes watered even more. His voice cracked.
"Wha. What baby?" Liv sits up. She starts to panic.
"Liv, you were pregnant" he looks over to her.
"Were? " She says as a tear rolls down her cheek. The one thing she wanted most in life, was taken from her, and she didn't know, and she couldn't do anything to stop it.