Got him

After weeks of investigating into who attacked Liv over and over again the squad had found nothing. Elliot stayed at the hospital with Olivia until she made a full recovery. They kept her in hospital for a day of two, just to make sure that she was okay. Not physically, but mentally. They would never tell her why they are observing her, because she would flip. But her doctor is concerned for her mental well being.

"Elliot go home, take a shower, don't worry I'll stay with her" Cragen says walking into Olivia's hospital room.
"No! I said I wouldn't leave her, and I'm not going to" Elliot snaps.
Cragen looks at him with compassion, he could never understand in the slightest what Elliot was going through. He could see the pain in his eyes as he looked at her, she was suffering, and he couldn't do anything to stop it.
"Sorry" he says.
"It's ok El. I'll leave you too alone" Cragen walks out, but he couldn't help look through the window and watch Elliot sob to himself.
In some respects, Elliot was hurt more than Olivia  was. Not physically of course, but mentally. He was drained of any hope of doing anything but staying at her bed side. He was depressed. His partner. His best friend. His lover, was suffering. His lover? Were they lovers? Were they still "just friends" or were they more? Or were they two people stuck, skinny love, was the only way to describe what Olivia and Elliot had. They both clearly had feelings for each other. Everyone could see it.
"El?" He was brought out of his thoughts by the sound of Olivia's voice.
"Liv?" He says watching her struggle to open her eyes. "Liv thank god your okay. I kept my promise, I stayed with you and never left" he says squeezing her hand.
"El why? Go home, get some rest!" She replies.
"No, not until you can leave with me" he says with tears beginning to blur his vision as they fill up in his eyes. He blinks and let's them roll down his cheeks. Elliot Stabler. A real man. A man who isn't afraid to show his real feelings to anybody. A real man, he doesn't hide his feelings. He doesn't push them away, because he k owns that's not good for him. Or her. But he has always been honest, about everything. Accept the way he felt about Olivia. He never told her. But then again neither did she!
Olivia thinks to herself as he cries his heart out.
"El please don't cry" she says raising her hand to his cheek to wipe off the tears.
"El. Liv!" Finn bursts into the room.
They both turn to look at him.
"We got him. We got him" he repeats as he bends over holds his knees, panting, he can hardly get a word out.
"Munch caught a break. We got him"