Prologue

"In relationships, patience is a key value."

[Book 1 of 2]

[Publication date: 22-12-15]

.___.

I unscrewed the liquid eyeliner cap and sighed as I bit my bottom lip. Six years of using makeup and I was still afraid of messing up my liquid eyeliner. What kind of female specimen am I?

"Trish!" I yelled from the lit up bathroom; biting my lip as I heard heels clack against the smoothed timber floors.

"Yes?" She poked her head in through the door frame as I pouted at my stylist. Without a word, I held out the product in my hand as she sighed with a defeated grin. "Again?"

"Maybe." I muttered sheepishly as she took the eyeliner cap and seated me against the bathroom sink.

"For a girl who's been wearing professional makeup for four years, you'd think she'd learn a trick or two." With a huff of my cheek, I was instructed to close my eyes which is exactly what I had done.

The coldness touched my eyelid suddenly and I jerked back.

"Madeline!" Trish scolded as I bit my lip and gripped the edge of the sink.

"First attempt is the worst."

"With you it is." Trish had slapped my shoulder before we got down to business. If I was going to look decent for Jen's party tonight then I had to knuckle down and let Trish weave her magic.

Get it? Because she's holding liquid eyeliner.

Ugh... my own terrible jokes even fail to make me laugh sometimes.

But they'll never prevent me from awkwardly spluttering to myself; having bystanders around me glance at my sudden weird moves is something I get a lot when I crack one in my head.

Yet surprisingly I maintain friends.

"There we are." Trish smiled at her work as I opened my eyes to see her beautifully structured face. Then standing up and turning around, I smiled at the creation over my eyeballs.

"Amazing," I smiled and picked up my blending brush for eyeshadow, "though I know with all the makeup on, I couldn't outshine you Trish."

She winked at my humorous talk and watched me decipher which colour to use as shadow. With a visible teasing slump of her shoulders, I looked at Trish through the mirror to smile confusedly - mostly at myself.

"Would you like me to do your makeup?"

The question had my smile pull wide over my lips as I turned and instantly held out the brush. She chuckled to herself and I situated myself on sink again as she completed my final touches.

"What am I going to do with you?" She asked, glancing at me to offer a playful wink.

"I love you." I squeaked, knowing the words between us were off the shoulders remarks and playful gestures.

"I know honey. I know." She then pressed the brush into my eyelid as I flinched back from the pressure applied. "Madeline!"

"Sorry!"

.___.

Once the two of us were set; our selfies taken and our outfits fitted, we headed out the hotel. Trish went for the all to familiar heel trend to complete her look. But I went for a simpler approached known as, the flats.

Heels might look amazing, but they're secretly deadly. Ask the blisters in my feet after a five hour award show, they'll tell you the same thing.

A security guard guided us down the hotel steps and towards our awaiting transport as one or two paps took pictures.

"Madeline! How are you tonight?!"

"I'm perfect." I answered giddily as Trish tightened her hand around mine. She was the one that when in the face of attention, would keep her head down and avoid questions. Though I was more of the one that kept my chin up and smile prominent.

"Where are you going?! You look absolutely stunning!"

The second papped yelled as though we were being swarmed by hundreds of people with flashing cameras.

"Thank you. And wouldn't you like to know?" With a cheeky wink, I stepped into the vehicle and claimed my seat as Trish followed.

She let go of my hand and pushed a strand of hair from her face as the door shut loudly behind us. The car easily began its way to the party both Trish and I had been invited to.

"We're going to Jennifer Lawrence's party, isn't that cool?" I beamed excited, imagining seeing my friend and having her tip a few drinks with me.

"You've been to many parties Madeline." Trish chuckled as she crossed her leg over the other and typing away at her phone. My phone suddenly beeped from my purse and I took it out to inspect sent pictures from earlier that Trish took.

Without hesitation, I cropped and filtered a photo before deciding it to be Instagram worthy.

Party tonight !! Dressed to impress with @TrishTheStylist

Watching the app finish loading up my post, I smiled and scrolled through my feed at what the other 497 people had been up to. It's not stalking if they want me to see what they're doing. Right?

.___.

This chapter was just a quick summary of the main character and her friend that will obvs be mentioned more within the story.

The Instagram account of Trish's is fake and purely made up. So if she is actually real, message her and tell her thanks for the username idea :')

^ I'm joking, don't do that ^

- Nicole xxx

Copyrighted 2015. @Nouis_Strikes_Again