48: Can't Smack my Wrist

[48: Can't Smack my Wrist]

.___.

Once Trish had cried hard onto my shoulder for a near 20 minutes, I comforted her enough to take her somewhere to eat.

Now we sat in a car park outside of -you guessed it- McDonald's, as I listened to her rant.

"-he said he needed a break! But we've been together for years now! How much of a fucking break does he need?!" She yells sipping at her large drink.

"So he brought you back to England to dump you?" She scoffed.

"Yeah! What a prick! What an unattractive, unworthy, ugly ass piece of shit that I fucking hate so much!" She screamed punching the steering wheel over and over; hitting the horn a few times.

She must really be hurting. I mean, I can grasp a small understanding of what she's going through but not to this extent.

"This just doesn't make sense," I shook my head, dipping my spoon into my ice cream, "he was so smitten with you. So in love. He wouldn't just dump you Trish. There's gotta be an explanation."

She rolled her eyes and looked out the car window; my phone buzzing at the wrong time.

Harry: Baby, this present is amazing !!!! I hope you know that I'm taking you with me !! :))) god you're an angel x see you after Christmas xxxx be safe and don't talk to strangers :p x

I sniffled a chuckle at the text and looked up to see Trish already looking at me. Shit.

"Sorry," I put my phone away and looked over at her attentively. I shouldn't be looking at something Harry sent me when Trish is having a meltdown, "I shouldn't hav-"

"Shut up." She smiled weakly at me as I started my ice cream. "So how's your love life huh?" I sighed and shrugged, not really wanting to talk about the whole Niall incident. "What? What happened?" Her hand touched my arm in sympathy.

"It's nothing. We should focus on you instead-"

"Oh shut up and let me care about you!" She smiled, seeming a lot better than before. "Now," she went serious, "tell me what happened."

My eyes looked up at her wearily to see she had given me her full attention. I guess I was going to blurt it out to her to sometime. So with a heavy sigh, I concaved.

"Niall's an asshole." Trish grabbed my leg in reassurance as I shrugged. "He just... he-"

Why was this so hard to talk about? Maybe because I didn't actually speak about this out loud after it happened. Just wanted to push the memory away and focus on Harry I guess.

"He gave me affection. A-and I let him, t-tou-"

"Touch you." Trish nodded. Thank god she understood. And I was even more thankful that she wasn't disgusted; that she was understanding.

"Here." I pointed to my chest and swallowed back hard. "B-but I went to his apartment the next day a-and..." I began tearing up as Trish's eyes widened.

"He was with another woman..." She breathed as I broke down into tears again. I didn't want to care; I wanted to let it go. Let the past be the past. But it hurt me so fucking much and I don't think Niall understands that. "Oh baby."

Trish took me into her arms as I shed tears onto her shoulder. A tear for a tear today it seems.

"He didn't understand what he had Madeline. You're perfect. Absolutely perfect. And it's honestly his fucking loss." I nodded and slowly pulled away, so depressed but so hungry.

So I sniffled hard and took another spoonful of ice cream. Ice cream is so worth the tears.

"But what about Harry?" She tried to lighten the mood. "Everything's good with him right?" I bit my lip and suppressed a smile though Trish noticed. "Tell me. Tell me everything!"

"He's... great." I shrugged as she clapped her hands. Was she secretly bipolar? Going from depressing Trish to I'm excited Trish in less than 5 minutes.

"And?" She drew out. "You guys are dating? Had sex? You guys are together right?" She fired question after question.

"I-I don't know what we are," I shrugged, "but we are pretty, close." And cue the squealing from an over excited friend.

Yep. She's a weird one alright.

Or maybe she needed a distraction from the whole Brandon ordeal. Trish only deserves the best and if he's going to be a prick than so be it.

"What did he get you for Christmas? He got you something right?" I shook my head making Trish puff out her cheek in a pout.

"Nothing yet. But I got him two tickets to an ACDC concert. Well, Liam gave them to me so they weren't technically mine to give." Trish wiggled her eyebrows as she turned back in her seat, buckling in and starting the engine to the car.

"He's going to give you a present. I know it." Pulling my seatbelt on with one hand, -which is harder than it looks- Trish pulled the car back out onto the road. "And speaking of presents and Christmas, we need to go buy some matching outfits for tomorrow. I wanna wear the same as you when we open the presents from Santa."

I chuckled and nodded my head as I scooped my ice cream. I hope Trish knows that there's always a rush before Christmas day.

And with a rush being people, and those people being in a crowd... there's no doubt we'll get spotted. It's funny because Trish has her own fan base now. People took a liking to her and now she considers herself a celebrity - which I guess she is.

In the meantime, I decided to flick a quick text back to Harry.

Me: glad you liked my present :)) can't wait to see you after Christmas xx and the same goes for you Mr, no talking to strangers >:) xx

Harry: oh I intend to ;) as many as I can just to see if you'll get jealous :* xx

Me: well 2 can play that game Mr Styles xx

This is going to be a great Christmas, even if I'm not with my family. I'll have to give mum a call and explain the situation. She'll understand.

And if not? Well... it's a bit hard to smack my wrist halfway across the globe isn't it?

.___.

IT IS DONE! :))) Now all we have left is the epilogue !! I hope you guys enjoyed this story :) in all honesty, it wasn't supposed to be a love triangle of sorts but it just turned out that way :)

I should be working on the sequel soon but I'm not to sure?? x

- Nicole xxx

.___.

Copyrighted 2016. @Nouis_Strikes_Again