Unknown Person

Hey! This is an Important note!

I've been writing my story in past tense.. but I'm switching to present now. It's just easier for me.

~Kiballie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hand grips the sheets as I pull them halfway over me. Even though Alec has known me for who-knows-how-long, I still don't know him.

I bite my lip at the thought.

The thought of changing everything back to the first day.

But I can't.

I don't have magic powers. I don't have fangs. I don't have a soulmate. And I'm 50% sure that I'm mortal.

I sigh and roll over, staring at the window. As soon as I'm about to get up and go downstairs to talk to Bailey, I don't.

Her and Lyle could be making out down there or who knows what.

I.. don't know why, but it hurts me.

Maybe I do have feelings for Lyle.

--

I shake my head and laugh quietly. "Now I sound like Alec. I don't even know either of them," I whisper to myself. Then the thought occurs to me of my body heaving against Alec's.

Maybe I know him a bit more than I want to.

My head turns quickly to the door as it opens.

"Sorry. Didn't know you were asleep," Lyle sighs, hands in his hoodie pockets.

I wave my hand and sit up. "No. I was just thinking," I smile awkwardly. Did he hear me?

He smiles, making me flutter my eye lashes. "Look. I didn't come up here to kiss you again. Just wanted to talk," he replies and walks over to sit on my bed, then looks at me, and stops.

"It's fine."

He nods and sits on the edge of my bed.

I bite my lip, feeling bad for yelling at him. I want him closer.

Not too close.

"Bailey just wanted me to tell you that she's at the mall with Hannah and someone else," he gulps.

"Someone?! Who?" I respond quickly, being overprotective of my sister.

He shrugs. "Won't say."

I completely ignore him and jump to my feet, slipping on my shoes. Even though I'm in my pajama shorts and a tank top, it honestly won't matter. What if she's with Evalina?! Or.. Alec?

No. He wouldn't do that.