Regret

I wave bye to Alec as he walks next door, back to his house.

I shut the front door and turn around, bumping straight into Lyle. "Oh, jeez! You scared me!" I shriek and then shake my head. "What are you doing here?"

Lyle shrugs and places his warm hands on my cheeks. "Allie, I can't do this."

"Do what?"

"Ignore you. It's so hard.." he whispers and brushes my blonde hair off of my shoulder, eyes dazzling me. I feel his breath hitting my neck as he swallows and presses his lips to my shoulder, making their way up to my neck.. cheek.. and lips.

For a few seconds, It's too hard to pull away until I pull away, gasping for air. "Lyle! You really can't do this. You can't do this to yourself.. and to me.. and to Alec."

He reaches across me and locks the front door. "Alec won't mind. You did say you're just beginning to understand this immortal thing, so I'm doing a nice thing and helping you," he whispers and gently pushes me against the wall, pressing onto me which makes me slam my mouth shut.

"I don't need your help..." I manage to  choke out until he quiets me with his own lips.

"I don't have Bailey anymore," he whispers against me. "You're all I have. Except for that damned Evalina. But of course, we will live forever so why not do something a little bad?"

That's the thing. I'm not a bad girl.

I would have to deal with him no matter what.. so this really wouldn't hurt anything, I guess.

Alec would end up with me even if I do this, right?

I push my thoughts away and shove him off of me, reaching for the doorknob. I freeze when he grips my hand tightly.

"Stop it!" I scream.

I hear the door slam open and Alec pulls me into him. I know he's glaring at Lyle with hell in his eyes, but I don't look.

"I suggest you keep your hands, lips, and whatever else you have off of her," Alec demands, warming me as he wraps his arms protectively around me and leads me to his house.

Lyle is watching us.

I know he's planning something.

Something horrible that could end my immortality.