The Five Leaf Clover (Last Chapter)

I put my hands out and chew on my bottom lip, fluttering my eyes shut. Once I feel Bailey's hands grasp mine, I can see everything that happend to her. Her being kidnapped, her being bit, and then trying to find me. Unable to stand the memory, I flinch and pull back from her, looking at the wall to see Alec watching us with worry glowing in his eyes. "Alec.. Don't worry, alright?" I gulp and get up, wanting to comfort him in any way possible. "We'll find Lyle.. and Evalina. It's going to be-"

"Stop," he mutters.

I blink and nod, staring straight at him, and obeying.

"I'm not worried about Lyle and Evalina, I'm worried about our immortality."

Bailey raises an eyebrow and stands up, her pigtails bouncing with each step she takes toward the stairs until she sits down at the bottom step. "You know.. vampires can't kill you. I mean, nothing can really kill you, except another immortal exactly like you. Like, a charecter from your past life or future."

I look at my sister and sigh softly. "Bailey, that's exactly what I'm thinking. What if one of us from the future manages to come to the present and kill us? They would disappear anyway, but maybe they would want it. Which is why we need to look on the bright side and appreciate our immortality."

Alec shoots a smile at me and chuckles. "Well, it's all confusing, I guess."

I cross my arms. "Do you know something?"

He nods slowly and then shakes his head. "Yeah, but I'm not sure if it works."

Bailey giggles and twirls a strand of hair around with her index finger. "The five-leaf clover, right?"

"Five-leaf what?" I ask. The best luck I've ever heard of is finding a FOUR leaf clover.

"A five leaf clover. There's only one in the world, or in the immortal world. No one could ever find it, not even legendary vampires. I mean.. if someone did find it, then we wouldn't know. Once you pick the clover, all troubles disappear and you're supposed to have good fortune," Bailey explains, biting her lip nervously as if she were desperate for the clover. "It wouldn't work for me. I'm already a demon."

Alec frowns and shrugs, standing close to me. "We'll look for it. But who the hell knows how long it could take?"

I look up at him and grin. "I'll do it by myself.."

His eyes widen. "But you-"

"I know. You don't want me to get hurt," I finish for him and peck his lips quickly. "I'll be fine. Just.. where do I find it?"

Bailey blinks. "In your past lives."

Of course. It just had to be my past lives.

--

I step infront of the golden gate and turn to face Alec. He hasn't taught me much, but I've learned everything about being immortal through experiences. Evalina and Lyle could be behind that gate, just waiting for me. What if I'm just one step closer to my death?

Alec throws his arms around me and slams his lips to mine before pulling away a little to look me in the eyes. "If I get the feeling that you're dead, I'm coming in there and I will find you.."

"Alec.." I smile. "Even if I die, we'll be together again in a few years. Or days," I giggle and hug him tightly and turn around, gripping my satchel that was full of supplies I would need.

He nudges me a little. "Go.."

I nod to him and walk forward, stepping past the gate into my world.

The world that I would over come and make me, Alec, and my sister.. safe again.

I turn around to see Alec, but the gate disappears before I can tell him I love him.

"Here we go.." I smile and turn back around, walking to my first life.

--

This is the ending, and beginning to the second book.

I hope you've enjoyed Being Immortal!

The second book will be posted in November. I love all of you! :)

~Kiballie