The Almost Touch and Vampires

• Dedicated to Bailey Cann

This may or may not be my only update today, because I have a friend coming over.

~Kiballie :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's always been you, Allie. The only girl I've ever been with except for you, is Evalina. And I'll regret every second of it," Alec told me.

I press my lips together and sigh. "I really just don't get how I'm immortal. Like, how did I become what I am?"

He shrugs. "You were just born this way, I guess. But we can't touch. I mean, we can touch.. but we can't kiss, and all that good stuff. I'm not taking that risk."

"How will you know? We can't go an eternity not doing something that might not affect anything," I point out, folding my arms across my chest.

"Not until Evalina is dead," he says, ignoring what I just said. "Unless we can find another way."

I shake my head furiously. "I don't think anything will happen, Alec!"

He winces at my words.

My eyes graze over him and I swallow my nerve. "Look.. I understand why you're so worried. But I'm not. I don't think one kiss is going to hurt anything."

He holds my hand, and I can barely feel his skin.

He's right.

I try and press onto him, to make sure that he's wrong. But he isn't.

We can't touch eachother. Even if we try the smallest touch, there's barely any feeling.

"Why.. is it just now like this? We've kissed before and all that, but now this is happening," I gulp, holding back my own tears that sting like hell.

He shrugs and pulls me to him, as if it would comfort the both of us.

I stay as close as I can to him, desperate for the feel of his skin.

"We'll find out," he whispers.

Even though I can't feel him exactly, I can still feel his breath hitting my skin as he attempts to press his lips to mine.

I still admire the almost touch of his lips against mine.

We'll get through this.

--

**Bailey's POV**

I lay helplessly on the bed, tears stained on my cheeks.  But I dare not make a sound, I don't want to replay what happend.

Lyle shoving me down on the bed, hovering above me and giving in to what he wanted.

But now I'm alone.

He's searching for me, and somehow.. I found a way out.

I'm in my own sister's fifth life, in her old bedroom. Hopefully, she'll come here and find me.

But Lyle was right.

She's too busy with Alec. She has to take everything in.

The fact that she's immortal.. has a soulmate. It all happend too fast even for me to process through my head.

I curl up like a cat and sigh gently. Someone needs to find me.

I put my fingers on my neck, feeling the bite marks.

Alec was wrong.

Lyle was right.

There are such thing as vampires. And Lyle is one of them.

So am I.