Alec Didn't Lie

Sorry if this chapter is short! I was running low on ideas while writing this. :P

~Kiballie <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stare at Bailey's bite marks once she finishes explaining it to me and I shoot my gaze back to Lyle. "What.. the hell.." I begin. "Vampires are real?!"

Lyle flashes me a smile , fangs exposed.

I grab Bailey's wrist and step back. "Allie.. we should-" Bailey doesn't get to finish her sentence, because I'm already running out the door with her. We trip and fall, but manage to get back up.

Laughter haunts close behind us and tears flow out of our eyes. I close my eyes and manifest the beautiful house Alec had made for me.

Bailey reaches for the doorknob and opens the door, the two of us running in.

I shut and lock the door and wince at the sound of fists pounding on it. I know he'll get in soon.

Bailey drags me up the stairs and into Alec's bedroom. I open the door quickly.

He's all alone, sleeping peacefully.

I shove him awake and he rubs his eyes, obviously amazed to see me here. And Bailey.

"Allie? W-whats going on?"

"No time to explain. We need to get out of here."

"But it's not safe."

"It's not safe here either!"

Alec shoots up to his feet and grabs me by the waist. "Bailey, you know how to get out of here?"

Bailey nods and then soon disappears.

I close my eyes as if I would disappear too, but I'm all alone now.

"Alec?!"

"Bailey?!"

Great.

--

"Hah.. thought I was gonna lose you for a sec," Lyle smirks and steps infront of me.  "You can't leave. You said we're together now.."

I gape my mouth open and step back, shaking my head quickly. "Lyle, we're not."

"Yes.. yes we are, love," Lyle whispers and kisses my neck.

"Keep your fangs off!" I shout, shoving him off of me.

He licks his lips and smiles. "Nice blood."

"Nice blood?!"

"I can smell it.. and taste it," he whispers.

"That's freaky!!! Get me out of here!"

I glance around the room and it all looks familiar. This is the big black hole I was sent to when Evalina killed me. And then Alec found me.

No need to worry, he'll come here.

Lyle disappears and the entire place is pitch black, cold, and lonely. It feels like sorrow. It feels like death and sadness.

I run forward, knowing I won't go anywhere but all I could hope for is more hope.

--

After an hour or two.. or who knows how long.. of running, I walk across a door of golden light and smile.

I did it!

I run into it and look around. This place is beautiful.

A hand gets placed on my shoulder, sending sparks throughout my body even though I can barely feel it, and I turn, smiling. "Alec?" I mumble.

Alec wraps his arms around me and practically lifts me off the ground. "Jeez! You had me worried!"

Suddenly, the thought of him and Evalina stabs me deep in the heart. I get back onto my feet and stare at him.

"Allison. Look, Evalina seduced me, okay? She looked exactly like you and I had to believe it was you playing a trick or something.." he explains. He's hurt. I can tell by his eyes.

"Wait. Was she like, in my form?" I ask.

He nods.

"That's what Lyle did.."

His eyes widen and he swallows his breath. "Did he bite you?!"

I wave my hand and sigh. "Thank god, no. But why did you lie to me about vampires?"

He raises an eyebrow. "I didn't even know they existed."

My heart jumps. How could Alec not know that?