Chapter 1

**Edited**
*Sarah's pov*
5 years. It's been 5 years. 5 years ago was when they left. Everyone I ever loved and cared about left me. They left me alone in this scary and lonely world. It's been 5 years since the incident and I still get nightmares about it. I cry myself to sleep till this day. But Alhamdulillah I still have Allah. Allah is still with me. I still have my Imaan.

I am sitting on my bed remembering my graduation. I graduated from Uni last month. Everyone was happy and joyful that day, but not me. I didn't have someone cheering for me when I got my diploma. I didn't have someone to look for in the crowd. All I had were memories of them.

I live with my aunt in NYC. I used to live in Michigan but ever since the incident, I moved here. Auntie Asma is the only family I have left and I love her to bits and pieces. I don't know what I would have done without her.

I jump out of bed and start to get ready. I put on my abaya and tie my hijab. I always like to make a really low bun when wearing my hijab. I absolutely hate high buns under a hijab. The Prophet Muhammad(pbh) said, "There are two types of the people of Hell whom I have not seen: men in whose hands are whips like the tails of cattle, with which they beat the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, maa'ilaat mumeelaat, with their heads like the humps of camels, tilted to one side. They will not enter Paradise nor even smell its fragrance."

I start walking down stairs and enter the kitchen looking for Auntie Asma. "Asalamualikum Khala jaan ( dear aunt.)" Walaikumasalaam Sarah lurai (daughter). How are you feeling?"

"Alhamdulillah, I am good. Khala I have an interview today, it's for the personal assistant of a big company. Inshallah I get the job, I'm so nervous!" Asma Khala startes to chuckle. "Khala! This is no laughing matter! I'm so nervous! What if I don't get the job! I need this job! I'm tired of working in the book shop down the street..."

"Awwww lurai don't worry, Inshallah you will get the job. You are the best after all."

"True, true." We both started laughing so hard the pancakes Khala had on the stove almost burnt. "Okay Khala I'm going to go now." I make my way towards the front door.

"At least have your breakfast" Khala yelled after me. "It's okay Khala, I'll have something on the way there," I yelled back while tying on my niqab."Okay Allah Hafiz Khala!" "Allah Hafiz Sarah! And don't worry, you'll get the job. Just remember to make dua before the interview." And with that I walked out.

It's a nice day today. It's sunny with a slight breeze. The birds are chirping and everyone seems happy. Even Mr.McCarthy, my grumpy old next door neighbor, smile at me! That's the first time I ever saw that man with a smile on his face! I walk to my car and head to my favorite coffee shop. It's time to start the day.
-------------------------------------------
*Adam's pov*
"Asalamualaikum Ummi" I say while entering the kitchen. "Walaikumasalaam Adam. Come and have breakfast." "No, I'm good Maa. I have to get to work. I have some really important meetings today and I have interviews for my new Personal Assistant."
" Okay, but make sure to eat something when you get there!" She said sternly. " Yes Ummi, I will. Salaam." I started to walk out my house to my car. I just hope this time I get a personal assistant who won't start drooling all over me. Like do you have no self respect. Ya Allah please help me.
A/N
Aslaamualaikum!! Ok so this was my first chapter! I'll update the next if I get AT LEAST ONE READ!!!

This is so weird! It's like I'm talking to myslef... 😅