Chapter 7

*Edited*
The Prophet once asked his Companions, "Whom among you do you consider a strong man?" They replied, "The one who can defeat so-and-so in a wrestling contest." He said, "That is not so; a strong man is the one who can control himself when he is angry".
(Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Saheeh Muslim)

The Prophet also advised us that performing ablution was an acceptable method of anger management. He said, "Anger comes from Satan, Satan was created from fire, and fire is extinguished only with water; so when any of you is angry, he should perform ablution".
(Abu Dawood)
------------------------------------------

*Adam's pov*
I'm laying in bed staring out the window at the busy streets of NYC. This city never sleeps. My room is quite big and is painted grey. Boring, I know. I just never get around to re-designing it and I don't want my mom to do any work of the sort. She's already done so much for me.

The window I'm looking through isn't necessarily a "window", more like a glass wall. The whole wall is glass but no one can see inside my room. It's a one way glass.

I'm thinking about how this week went.  This was Sarah's first week as my personal assistant and she did great. Usually it would take a new PA a couple of weeks to get the hang of things, but she had everything under control from the first day.
I remember how scared and intimidated she was feeling when she first arrived. You can't blame her though, who wouldn't be freaked out after being attacked like that.
*flashback*
I'm driving to work in my 2014 Audi R8 V10 (aka my baby). Yes I know I'm weird, I just called my car my baby. But I absolutely love this car.
Anyways I'm thinking about how today will go. Today's the first day for Ms.Kareem as my PA.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by my phone. It was Azeez calling. Azeez is my best friend, more like a brother from another mother.

"Asalamualaykum Adam!!" Azeez yells as soon as I answer his call (don't worry, it's on speaker) "Walaykumasalaam Azeez! You really didn't have to yell that loud! I almost lost control of the car!" I yelled at him.

"Sheesh, you don't need to be so aggressive. Your broke my heart Adam. I thought you loved me! I thought I was your bae! You've found someone else haven't you. *sniff* I knew it! I knew you were fake" Azeez replies with fake hurt in his voice pretending he was crying. "Oh get over yourself" I reply while rolling my eyes.

"Anyways what do you want from my life so early in the day? You usually don't start pestering me till like 12:00." I questioned him sarcastically. "Hmph. Well if you don't appreciate me I can go elsewhere! Thank you very much Adam for 5 minutes of your precious time."

"Okay cut the drama! No really what's up though? I'm surprised you're even awake right now."
"I'm just really nervous! I'N GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEK ADAM!! TO YOUR SISTER!! What if she turns out like you? Does she even know how to make Biryani?? I can't live without Biryani! What if she's a health freak like you! What have I gotten my self into?" Azeez yelled through the phone.

Oh did I forget to mention that Azeez is marrying my baby sister (well she's not a baby anymore but for me she is.) Yeah he is.

"Woah woah woah!! Your talking about my sister here! And what's wrong with me?" I questioned in fake hurt.
"I know she's your sister! That's the whole problem! Adam, no offense man but your a really weird man. That coming from me means something."
"Hmph, well we'll talk about this later, I have to work right now. Unlike you, I have a business to take care of." I said while parking my car.

Azeez is rich just like us. But he doesn't have to work. His father takes care of the family business and all he does is bother me.

"Okay Salaam Adam! Oh and don't tell your sister anything I said! She'll kill me, for sure!" He begged.
"Well in that case, I will. Salaam." I said while ending the call.

I started walking towards the building. As soon as I opened the door, I heard a really loud commotion. "What the hell?" I walk in and see something that really shocked me and got me really angry.

"Miss, get away from me!" Sarah yelled trying to get away from Ms.Harvey while she was trying to snatch her niqab. What in the world is happening!
"Oh I'm not letting you go! God knows what you're hiding under there!" She screams while jumping at Sarah's hijab this time. What in the world? I've never seen Ms.Harvey misbehave in such a disgusting and disrespectful way. I understand she can be rude sometimes, but this is the first time she has done anything like this.

"Enough!" I yell in anger and frustration. Ms.Harvey immediately straightens up and throws me a fake smile as if nothing happened. "Oh sir, don't worry! I'll get rid of this filthy MOZLIM for you" she said in an overly high pitched voice. "Watch your mouth Ms.Harvey!" I yell at her. Ya Allah, help me control my anger. "She is my new PA and you have no right to talk to her, or anyone for that matter in such a disgusting way" I yell in rage. I saw Sarah visibly flinch. I immediately regretted yelling in such a way. I never want to see her scared.

"But sir, she's a filthy MOZLIM! How can you hire such a disgusting being? I know your a Mozlim too, but you're  not like them. You're not hiding behind a piece of cloth, hiding who you really are." she said and started at Sarah's niqab again!

"You are fired Ms.Harvey! You may now leave" I said pointing to the door. I tried calming myself down by reading أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
(I seek shelter in Allah from the rejected Satan.)
She tried talking again but I didn't even listen. "I said you can leave Ms.Harvey." She looked at me in disgust and gathered her stuff and strutted her way out. What is wrong with this woman! I lowered my gaze and walked to Sarah. She was looking to the floor but looked up when she realized I was there.

"Are you okay Ms.Kareem? I'm sorry. I didn't know she was such a disgusting person. I would have fired her a long time ago." I apologized while keeping my gaze down.
"It's absolutely fine Mr.Ali." She replied.

I turned around to see everyone standing there watching us as if this was some sort of show. "You may get back to work now" I ordered them.
I started to walk to the elevator but noticed Sarah wasn't following me. "Aren't you coming Ms.Kareem?" I stopped in my track to ask her. She quickly turned to me and started walking towards me. We walked into the elevator and waited in silence to get to the 40th floor. It wasn't an awkward silence. It was a comfortable one.

A/N
Asalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu!! How y'all doing?? OMA GUYS MORE THAN 200 READS!!! Mad hype!! Anyways so this is the longest chapter I've written so far! Accomplishment! Lol. So I wasn't going to write Adam's pov of this incident but I was requested to do so.. (*cough* Nada *cough*) So here you have it!! Ummm I hope you enjoyed it and ummm comment, vote, and share!!!! And I it a of of Adam up top. If you have any other suggestions feel free to tell meh. Ummm oh and I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH!! ok I think that's it. Salaam!!