Chapter 19

I'M ALIVE!!!!
--
"They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." Thus Allah makes clear to you the verses [of revelation] that you might give thought." Quran 2:219

"O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful." Quran5:90
----------------------------------
3 years later
*Unknown pov*
The wind is blowing carrying little snow flakes, each a crystallized masterpiece. The floor is covered with a soft white blanket. Oblivious to the world  surrounding it. The birds have left and everyone is in there own cozy homes. Sitting in front of a fireplace, with their families. Except one. That one person has no home. That one person is not warm. That one person has no family. That one person is unable to smile. That one person that has seen it all. The ugliness of this world they like to call beautiful. The harshness of this world. The people of this world.

The niqabi is seated in the park. She sits in the cold, looking at everything that surrounds her. But only comes to one conclusion. She's alone.

She has nowhere to go. No one to talk to. No one, not even a single soul.

She's been like this for the past month. Traveling from one park to the next. Going from mosque to mosque for food and shelter from this cold world. She prays to her Lord asking for a way to get out of this misery.

She prays to her Lord asking for forgiveness. She prays to her Lord begging for help. She prays day and night, asking none other than Allah. She won't beg in front of anyone besides her Lord. Because He is the creator. He is الرحيم (The All Merciful). He is السلام (The Source of Peace). He is المهيمن (The Guardian). He is الغفار (The Forgiving). He is العليم (The Knower of All).

She wonders why life is so cruel. Maybe this is a test. A test from Allah, testing her patience. A test to see if she will have faith. A test to see if she will hold on to Islam, if she will continue believing in Allah. Inshallah she will pass the test.

But she still wonders. Why? Why are humans so self centered? Why do humans enjoy harming others?

None of this makes sense to her. She doesn't understand what makes a human so cruel. It's Shaytaan (Satan). She knows that. But how can a human, a Muslim let Shaytaan so close to them? How do the allow Shaytaan to control their lives? How?

The cold wind blows snow onto her lap. She picks the soft fluff up with her bare hands. Examining each snowflake melting by the millisecond. Subhanallah. Allah has created so much with such detail that even if a human tried all their life they still wouldn't be able to produce an exact copy of it.

Humans have created so many thing. Buildings, cars, aero planes, television, cell phones, and even robots. But can a human ever replicate even a spec of what Allah has created? They can't. Because humans are also creations of Allah and Allah is the only one, true Creator.
-----------------

Sarah's pov
These past 3 years have gone by so fast. I'm 25 years old and have no family. I never thought a day like this would come. A day in which I will have no one to look forward to. No one to laugh with. No one to cry with. A day in which I will have no family. I will have no place to call home. But, the day has come. It came so fast that I didn't even know it was coming.