Chapter 14

*Edited*
And as for those who strive in Our path — We will surely guide them in Our ways. And Indeed, Allah is with those who are of service to others. (Al Quran 29:70)
---------------------
*Sarah's pov*
I woke up at the sound of the alarm. I looked at the time and it was time for Fajr Salaah. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I haven't slept all night. I was anxious all night about the meeting I have today with my future in-laws. It hurts to call them my in-laws. I don't want to marry this man. But I have to give this a chance for Khala.

I got out of the bathroom and threw on my abaya and hijab. I laid down my prayer mat and started praying. After praying I sat on my prayer mat and did Dua. I asked Allah to help me with today. I asked him for guidance and I asked him to show me the right path. After I was done I got up and looked at the time. It was almost 7 and the sun was about to rise. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep so I decided to recite the Quran. I sat down on my bed and took my copy of the Quran. I read for a good hour and it was now 8. I went downstairs to get some breakfast. I was really hungry. I didn't even have dinner last night.

As I was walking to the kitchen I went into Khala's room to check on her. I didn't see her in bed so I thought she was in the bathroom. I waited for 5 minutes but she never came out. I got really worried so I knocked on the bathroom door. "Khala are you in there?" No answer. I then heard a lound banging sound from the kitchen. What the hell. I ran to the kitchen and saw Khala struggling with a pot. I ran to her and took the pot from her hands. "Khala! What are you doing here. You are supposed to be resting. It's so early in the morning. Go to sleep and leave this stuff." I said to her concerned for her health. "I'm fine Sarah-" I didn't let her finish. "Khala go and lay down." "No! The guests are going to be here by 1. There is so much to do. Come on, help me now." "But Khala, you can't be doing this kind of stuff. I'll take care of this. You go and rest." I begged her. "No lurai(daughter). This is the least I can do for you. You've done so much for me in this short time. I want to do something for you as well." She said while putting her hand on my cheek. "Okay Khala. But I'm going to do the work. You are going to sit there." I said while pointing to the stool by the island. She starts to chuckle, "okay boss" she said while walking to the stool. I first made breakfast for the both of us. We ate breakfast together for the first time in a month. It felt so good.

After breakfast I got cooking. We made so much food, I don't understand how this was only for lunch. We made biryani, tandoori chicken, kebab, 2 different chutnies to with the kebabs. We also made naan. Khala looked at the time and gasped. "Sarah! It's 12:30! They're going to be here in 30 minutes!" She yelled. "Yeah. It's fine, we already have everything ready for them." I said in a confused voice. I don't know what she's getting all worked up for. "You still have to get ready Sarah!" My mouth turned into an O shape. "Go! Za o khkuly tayaara sha(go and get ready beautifully.)" "Kha Khala, za zama. Taso um paasy.(okay Khala, I'm going. You get up as well.)"

I started walking back upstairs. I ran into the bathroom and took a quick shower as I had herbs all over me. Cooking is hard work. I got out and put on an black abaya with a grey hijab. I sat down on my bed thinking about what was going to happen. After a good 10 minutes Khala came in and said to come down, the guests were here. Ya Allah help me. I recited a dua before exiting my room. I quickly put on my niqab and walked downstairs. My hands were sweating and shaking so bad. I just wanted to disappear.

"Asalamualykum" I said while entering the living room. I was looking down and didn't hear any reply. When I looked up I saw a woman sitting on the sofa in front of me. She had a disgusted look on her face while she was looking at me up and down. There was a man sitting next to her, which I presume is her husband and Khala's brother. He was the only one who replied to my salaam. "Walaykumasalaam. How are you? Come sit down." He said while pointing to the seat next to him. Since he's Khala's brother, it means he's my uncle, so he's a mehram to me. I decided to take a seat next to him as he seemed the only friendly one here. "I am good Alhamdulillah." I said looking up at him. I noticed he had the same blue eyes as Khala and my mother. They seemed to be portraying this sort of guilt. I guess because he never came to see me after they passed away. I looked around the room and noticed 2 more people sitting here besides us. There was a girl. She looked a year or two older than me. And next to her was a guy. I lowered my gaze without looking at him.

"Zara, I think we should leave these kids alone to talk a bit. What do you say Asma." He says while looking at Khala. She nods her head while giving me a smile. Her eyes were saying good luck to me. She looked a bit worried. I have her a small smile but soon realized she couldn't see it. Everyone got up to leave to sit in the kitchen. "We're in the kitchen if you need us." Khala said while walking out. Soon it was just me and that random guy. He cleared his throat, "Asalamualykum" he said while looking right at me. I felt his intense stare seeping through my soul. "Walaykumasalaam" I replied while looking up . The first thing I noticed was his cold grey eyes. Azeez had grey eyes too, but his were warm. "What's your name?" He asked me sounding really uninterested, as if he was forced to be here. "Sarah. Sarah Kareem." I said while looking back down. I started fidgeting with my fingers. "Ayaan. I'm Ayaan Khan" we sat there in silence for the next 10 minutes. It wasn't a comfortable silence like me and Adam shared. It was more of an uncomfortable, disturbing silence. "Kids! Come the food is ready." Khala yelled. She seemed so lively ever since her brother came. It's making my decision even more harder.

We got up and head into the kitchen to join everyone at the dining table. I sat down across from Ayaan, as that was the only seat available. Unfortunately. While eating I noticed Aayan's appearance. He has jet black hair. Adam has better hair. His hair is a soft brown color. He has a stronger, and well defined jaw, while Aayan doesn't really have a jaw line. Adam has a little stubble where Aayan has no facial hair. Why am I comparing everything of his to Adam?? 'Because you love him' my inner conscience started talking to me again. I do love him. But what am I going to do with Aayan. Khala seems so happy because of this proposal. I don't want to let her down.

After we ate the guests got up to leave. Zara Auntie and her daughter didn't even reply to my salaam when I was bidding them goodbye. Instead they snarled at me. Uncle, who's name I learned was Zamaan, gave me a pat on my head and praised my cooking while Aayan just eyed me up and down with a disgusted look on his face and walked out. Okay! I don't need your compliments or anything like that! You could keep your rude self, I am so happy they are leaving!
------------------------------------------
The day went by fast. I spent the day praying, reading Quran, and going through some files for work. It was now dinner time and me and Khala are having dinner together in her room. We had dinner in complete silence. After dinner I washed the dishes and headed back into Khala's room. She had said she wants to talk to me. I know what she wants to talk about, so let's get this over with. "So what did you think of them." Khala asked me. "They were fine" I said lying. They were NOT fine. Uncle Zamaan was the only nice one. Everyone else was absolutely rude. " So is that a yes?" She asks me in excitement. Her sea blue eyes started to sparkle and shine with happiness while her lips formed a beautiful smile that I have been craving to see. I don't now what to say. I don't want to let Khala down but at the same time I love Adam. Even though he doesn't love me, how can I get married to Aayan when I have another man on my mind. My heart started to beat fast and my palms started to sweat as I prepared to give my answer. I'm doing this for Khala I said to my self. "Yes. I agree to this marriage" I said while my heart broke for the second time since yesterday. But this time I know that nothing can make my heart better. Nothing can stop it from crumbling into pieces. Except Allah. Surely he has a plan for me, surely he will help me.

A/N
Asalamualykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu!! So what do you guys think???
Leave a comment and remember to vote! Salaam!!! 😘😘🤓