Chapter 20

Unedited

*Back to Present*
The young niqabi gets up ignoring all the thoughts of the past. She takes small steps out the park, picking up snow with her hands from every tree she passes by. She crosses the street and makes her way to the nearest mosque since its time for Asr Salah. She watches the cars pass her in speed while she holds her abaya so it doesn't fly away.

The young niqabi walks into the mosque and makes her way to the women's section. She does her wuthu and stands in front of her Lord. She finishes up her prayer and takes a seat in the corner of the mosque. She falls asleep in her seated position escaping from her worries.

The niqabi was awakened by a tap on the shoulder. "Miss. Are you okay?" says a lady in her late 40s. The niqabi opens her eyes in fear but soon realized where she is. She looks at the woman standing in front of her and bursts into tears. She gets up and hugs the lady unable to cover her happiness.

The lady seems a little taken aback. "My child, why are you crying?" She asks worried. All she gets as a reply were sobs. She breaks the hug and holds the niqabi by her shoulder.

"What's the matter? Why are you crying like that?" She asks as a way to get the niqabi to stop crying. All the niqabi does is shake her head while the tears continue to stream down her face. "Auntie? It-it's me. Sarah." The niqabi says while a fresh set of tears leave her eyes. "S-Sarah! I-it can't be! We hadn't heard of you for years! Where have you been my child?" The lady asks with tears of her own. The niqabi lifts her niqab up and hugs the woman again. "Auntie Fatima! I never thought I would see you again." She lets out another sob as the woman pulls her away. She whips the tears away from the young girls face and looks at her attire. "What happened to you? Why are you in such a horrible state?" The woman asks in horror. "I-I've escaped." She replies while staring at the ground. "I've escaped from that hell hole." She looks up at the woman again. "Auntie? Please don't make me go back. Please don't. Please?" She cries again. "Shh shh. Don't cry. I won't send you back." The woman consoles the young girl. She takes ahold of her hand and leads her out. The niqabi draws down her niqab and follows the woman. "Where are we going?" She asks while the woman stops in front of her car. "Home" she replies with a smile on her face.

"But my son..." The niqabi looks up to the woman. "I need to get my son first." The woman holds the niqabis hands firmly. "Where's your son Sarah?" "I-I had to leave him at one of the foster cares I used to visit when I was a child. I couldn't care for him Auntie. I didn't have any money to feed him or cloth him properly. So I had to leave him there until I figured everything out." The niqabi breaks down in tears again. "Okay. Don't cry my child. We'll get your son first. And then we'll go home." The niqabi lets out a smile. She's finally going to be safe.
--------------------------------------------
*Ayaan's pov* (hehehe cue the death threats! 😈)

That b****! She thinks she can run away from me and I won't find her. Ha! The jokes on you Sarah! Cause I WILL find you! You are MY property! Who does she think she is?

I married you Sarah because of my father. My father thought you were the best girl in this world. He thought you could fix me up. Huh. I am Ayaan Alam. No one, and I mean NO ONE can change me! I do as I please and getting me married to "the worlds best girl" isn't about to change anything.

She runs away with MY child and thinks she can get away with it? No!

Run all you want Sarah Kareem. But I will find you and I'm gonna make sure I kill you this time. So I can get rid of your existence once and for all.
--------------------------------------------
*Sarah's pov*
"Mama! Mama!" Tears start running down my face for the tenth time today as my son, my baby runs to me with his chubby legs making him wobble.

"My baby!" I cry as I bend down and scoop him off the floor. I hadn't seen my baby for 2 weeks now. Alhamdulillah he's okay.

"I don't know how to thank you Rose." I turn around to the foster mother. "You are such an amazing person for keeping my baby here for so long."

"Awww Sarah. Don't get me all emotional now! It's the least I can do for you! Your like my own daughter." We soon bid our goodbyes and leave the foster home with Saad in my arms.

"How old is he?" Auntie turns to me as I settle down in the car. "Two. He's two years old." I get him settled in my lap as the driver starts the car.

"Auntie." I take hold of her hands. "I don't know what to say. But thank you so much! Thank you for doing this for me and Saad. I don't think that I can ever repay you for this but I will make dua everyday that Allah gives you all the happiness you desire and keeps you in great health."

"Sarah! Please don't ever think that I am doing you a favor or anything of the sort. This is my duty. I don't only call you daughter, you are my daughter. And I mean that." She gives my hands a squeeze and gives a confused Saad a kiss on his cheeks.

After another 10 minutes of silent driving, we made it to her house. I had never seen it before and it was enormous. We step out the car and I take small steps to the house. I don't think I can call this a house. It's more of a mansion. 

I step inside the lavish mansion while I hear a small gasp. I look down and find Saad looking at the house in bewilderment. "Mama! Ish this a house?" He asks in shock. Auntie lets out a chuckle. "Yes my baby! This is a house. And do you know who's house this is?" Saad looks up with a confused expression. "Who's?" Auntie bends down to his level. "This is Saad's house."

Saad lets out another gasp as we let out a laugh and walk towards the living area and take a seat. "Okay Sarah. This is now your home. Don't be shy and please don't talk about favors and all that nonsense. Do we have that clear?" Auntie gets straight to the point.

"Crystal clear Auntie." I let out a smile. "Good. Now let's get you to your room so you can rest and freshen up."

We get up as Saad takes a hold of my index finger and follows us to the stairs. We were soon stopped by someone entering the house.

"Ummi?" My heart jumps as my feet stop in their tracks. My stomach explodes with emotions as Saad makes me turn around.

My hazel eyes lock with a pair of sparkling green eyes.

It's him.

A/N
It's a short chapter. I know. I is sorry. But I hope you guys enjoyed it! 😊