Chapter 23

Asalamualekum guys. I know I've been gone FOREVER. And I know you guys hate me by now. But I'm sorry and I'm back now! I hope you guys forgive me for being gone for so long and I also hope you enjoy the chapter. I want to start wrapping stuff up but there's still going to be many more chapters to come inshallah. Enjoy the chapter 🤗

*Sarah's pov*
I open my eyes, the rays of the sun shine through the window blinding me with its light. It's 9:00. I turn around and look at my baby sleeping next to me. He looks so peaceful, so happy. I smile at the way he's laying. His arms are above his head resting on the pillow while his head is on the mattress. One of his legs is on me while the other is hanging off the bed. I let out a laugh and move his leg off of me. I then realize where I am and everything that happened yesterday. After that conversation with Adam, I avoided him for the rest of the day.

Today is a new day! I'm going to stop living in the past and move on with my life. I have to forget about him and pay attention to the future.

I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I take a shower and wrap a towel around myself walking to the closet to throw on some close and the abaya Aunti Fatima gave me yesterday. Combing out my long brown hair, I put it up in a bun wearing my hijab and niqab, just incase Adam is awake. Walking back to the bed, I check on Saad and head downstairs to make some breakfast. Walking through the long hallways, I couldn't find the kitchen. But I finally found it. Mashallah they have a huge house and it's very beautiful.

I'm going to make breakfast for everyone today. Since it's Saturday I'm going to make pancakes. That's what Khala used to make for breakfast every Saturday. I look around the cabinets to find all the ingredients I need. Spreading them out on the countertops I start mixing up everything to make blueberry pancakes.

20 minutes later all the pancakes were made. I cleaned up the kichen putting everything back to where I found them. Walking back to my room, I woke up Saad so I can get him dressed. I have to go to the bakery down town. It's owned by the mother of one of my high school friends, Aleesha. I contacted Aleesha last night to see if she knew of any places hiring someone part time and she told me to go to her moms bakery. They've been running low on staff and would love some extra hands.

I stop by aunties room informing her of where I'm going. "Asalamualekum Auntie." I greeted as she waved me inside.
"Walaikumasalam. Did you sleep well?" She questioned.
"Alhamdulillah I did. Auntie I just wanted to inform you that I am going to a bakery down town for work." Auntie looked at me with hurt in her eyes.
"Why? If you need money you can just ask me. You don't have to work habibti." I walked towards her and held her hands in mine.                
"Auntie I want to move on. I want to be my own person. I want to earn for my son, for our future. I am so thankful for everything you and Adam are doing for us but I want to learn to become independent." She squeezed my hands and smiled at me.
"Mashallah I am so proud of you." She let go of my hands "Shoo, now go and be independent." She waved her hands towards the door. We both started laughing.
I took Saad by his chubby hand and we walked out into the breezy day.

We walked down the paved road until I spotted the bakery. I went inside and greeted the lady at the front and asked her about Nancy, my friends mother.
"Wait right here please." The young women smiled at me and walked into the back. I looked around observing my surroundings. It was a cute bakery. The walls were bright white with teal accents around the crown moldings. The tables were also a light teal color. It is more of a small coffee shop than a bakery, but nevertheless it's cute. Saad spotted a little kid sitting with his mom by where we are standing and walked over to him.
"I'm Saad, Who you?" Saad held out his chubby hand in front of the child. The child broke into a huge smile and shook Saad's hand, "I'm Naim." They soon started talking in their language and played with Naim's toys.