Chapter 13

*Edited*
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "That which is lawful is clear, and that which is unlawful is also quite clear. Between these two is that which is ambiguous, which most people do not know. One who avoids the doubtful safeguards his faith and his honor."
Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 588.

Make your character good for the people."
Prophet Muhammad (s) as narrated Al-Muwatta, Volume 47, Hadith 1

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.."
Prophet Muhammad (s), Last Sermon.
------------------------------------------

*Adam's pov*
"Asalamualykum Ummi" I yelled while running down the stairs. "Walaykumasalaam Adam!" She said while handing me my coffee. I was really happy today. Not only is today my day off but I also had a dream. It was mine and Sarah's wedding. She was wearing a beautiful white dress and there were white flowers everywhere.  Her back was facing me and there was no one else there. We were outside and I noticed green lush grass underneath my feet. The wind was blowing on her hijab. Although I didn't see her face, there was a glow coming from her. This kind of light that just drew you to her.

I quickly finished my coffee and washed my mug. I walked to Ummi who was sitting in the living room watching some soap opera. "Ummi, I'm going out with a friend okay?" She turned around and looked at me with a smile. "What friend, Habibi?" she questioned me. "Ummi! I'm not a kid anymore!" I said to her with a pout. "Well you still act like one. And you will always be the same little Adam to me. The one who used to run around the house with toy cars saying 'vrooom, vrooom'" she said while kissing my forehead. "Okay, you win Ummi. I'm going out with Azeez." "Oh why didn't you say that before. Go, go. Just be back for lunch." She said while turning back to her soap opera. "Okay. Salaam" I said while heading out.

I drove to our favorite spot to hangout. It was a lake an hour away from my house. We used to live by it before we moved to our current house. We weren't very rich before. We barely had enough money to eat. Ummi used to work for us when we were little but when I became older, I made sure she never had to go out and work again. She had to earn money to feed us, working long hours and then she would come home and cook and clean. She never had a normal life. My dad left us before I was born. Ummi had to raise me alone. When I turned four, she remarried to Aaliyah's father. But he died soon after Aaliyah was born. I really hate my dad. I never met him but he ruind our lives. Because of him, my mom had to ruin her youth. She had to work really hard to feed us, to cloth us, to give us our necessities. She didn't even have any family to support her. Her mother died when she was 10 and her father passed away when she was 16. She lived with her Aunt who treated her like a maid. She got her married at the age of 18 to a drug addict, my father. It hurts to call him my father. But that's reality for you.

I'm really thankful that my dad left and that I never met him. Ummi used to tell me, as a kid, that my dad died. I used to cry for a father. But when I turned 17 is when I found out the real truth. I found Ummi crying in her room, curled up in a ball on her bed. And that is when she told me everything. From that day on, I worked extra hard. I studied until I was satisfied with what I accomplished and then I started working with a friend of mine in his family business. Soon I started my own business, and here I am today, one of the wealthiest and well known businessmen in the world.

I got out of my car and walked to the lake. I waited for Azeez to show up, which wasn't that long of a wait. "Asalamualaykum BROO" he yelled while taking a seat next to me. "Walaykumasalaam. Can you ever greet me normally. You're always screaming all over the place." I said to him seriously. "But you still love me." He replied while batting his eyelashes and grinning. Wallah, I wonder about him sometimes. Is he even a male?? I roled my eyes and started picking at the grass. He soon started talking about his new life as a married man. I couldn't really pay attention to him. I zoned out soon. I was thinking about the dream I had last night. Should I tell him about it? But it's his sister we're talking about here Adam. Yeah, I can't tell him that. Imagine me saying 'Yo man so I dreamt about your sister last night.' Yeah that's just wrong. But I need to tell someone.