Battle Scars

October 10th, 2015

Tonight's the night. Homecoming night. You and you're friends are decked out. You guys met up at your house just before to do hair and makeup and put on your dresses. You took plenty of selfies with your squad and your mom took plenty of photos too. You couldn't be more ready. It's you and you're classmates' time to dance, have fun, and possibly get a boy or a girl. Let's do this.

You arrive in your mom's van with your friends. Other richer people come in limos but your mother pronounces the idea as silly and a waste of money. Everyone couldn't be more beautiful. The boys look cute in their suits and ties. The girls look cute in there mini cocktail dresses.

You and your friends strut in with your heels on. You hand over your tickets to the student council members at the cafeteria doors.

Only a few lunch tables remain at the side of the lunch room. The whole place is decorated according to the under the sea theme. And the ceiling is covered by helium balloons.

You see the populars grinding with their boyfriends on the dance floor. Everyone is talking and having fun. You and your squads' song comes on and you all rush to the middle off the dance floor and start dancing and singing obnoxiously. You guys are having the times of your lives.

As the night goes on the girl from your English class sweeps by you and says, "Have you seen what Naomi is wearing?"

"No, what?" You ask.

"She is wearing this green strapless dress that shows all these scars that are on her legs and arms. Word on the street is that she cuts herself. What an emo freak," The girl laughs and walks away.

You see Naomi standing by the punch bowl sipping on fruit punch. You see the tiny slash marks on her wrists and thighs. All you can think is how brave she must have been to show her scars.

"Naomi is such an attention seeker isn't she," Zoella whispers in your ear.

"You know it was probably hard for her to show her scars," You defend Naomi.

"You're seriously going to defend her?!" Zoella perplexes.

"No, of course not," You say meekly with a frown.

"Good we don't need anymore emo freaks around here. See you at the party," Zoella pats you on the back and gives you a politician smile.

As you dance around the floor you hear the rumors and whispers.

"Have you seen Naomi?"

"Does she really cut?"

"I think they may just be stretch marks."

"Who would of guessed she was a goth!?"

"She looks like a ugly zebra with those marks."

"Why would she come looking like that."

"How dare she show up to our homecoming looking like that."

"She's just making everyone uncomfortable."

"How can some people be so desperate for attention to hurt themselves."

"Doesn't she know she could of worn a long dress. It would've made everyone's night normal."

"I new she was emo but not that emo."

"Emo freak."

"She must have zero self respect."