eleven

Chapter Eleven// Charlotte Grayson

The bell rung and it was the end of exam week. FINALLY. We take 2 exams a day and I only took 4 exams since I exempted 3 other classes. Lola and I were walking toward the parking lot and Charlie was leaning on my car.

"Hey Charlie!" Lola says unlocking her yellow bug. Charlie waves at her as he gets in my car.

"What's up with him?" She asks as I open my door.

"Eh I don't know. We tried having that intervention, but it didn't work out." I say and she frowns slightly.

"I'm coming over tomorrow so we can pack together. Oh our flight time changed. So instead of leaving at 3 we are leaving in the morning. Around 6:40 am..." Lola says tapping her key on the top of her bug. I nod and blew her a kiss.

"Bye Lola!" We went our separate ways and I started up the car with a humming Charlie.

"What was that about? You guys are going to see each other all next week." Charlie mumbles closing his eyes. I roll my eyes and drove out of the school parking lot quickly. I wanted him out of my car with his bad attitude. 

Going down the road slowly I turned my car into the Target parking lot. Earlier I put Charlie's door on child lock so he won't leave and we can talk.

"What the hell is up your ass?!" I yell, putting the car in park. I looked over at him and he started to slump in his seat.

"I'm sorry I have been distant from you. I just.. I knew what dad wanted to say. I know we are werewolves and all that other crap. I just didn't know my mate would be a guy." He whispers the last part to himself. My eyes nearly popped out and I squealed.

"Oh my GOSH! You found your mate! Good for you!" I gush out until I remembered the last part he said. "Are you gay?" I question him and he looks at me dead in the eyes.

"I didn't think I was..." He mumbles, rubbing his face slowly. "I mean everything happens for a reason right? I am meant to be gay? I don't know how to tell Cam and Carson. Or even dad!" He screams.

We made small talk about how he is going to come out. I was driving back to the house and Charlie was practicing how he will come out. I took my time driving; giving him more time to think. I guess this was what was making him distant. The being gay part. I was shocked that my youngest brother found his mate before anyone else and knew what we were!

I don't blame him though. He was going through a rough patch.

"Okay well we are home," I pulled into the driveway and both of my brother's car was parked. "I guess we have a large crowd tonight." I joke trying to lighten the mood for Charlie. He didn't seem interested because he tried getting out of my car. He mumbles a "what the hell" and looks over at me.

"Get me out, please." Taking out my keys, I got out of the car and went over to Charlie's side opening the door up for him.

"Thanks," We were walking to the front door and it bursted open with a screaming Hispanic women.

My mother.

"Get your asses inside now! Your father and brothers were trying to reach you!" My mother yells pushing us inside the house. I have no idea what is going on, but I have a feeling it's bad.

"Okay okay, your grandmother has called and told me she is coming in the day after we get in from Barbados." Dad voice booms through the house as I entered the living room. I'm guessing it's Grand Mama Abby.

My dad's mom and let me tell you something... she is a crazy lunatic that is always talking about her past crazy mistakes.

The horror in everyone's eyes lit up and Charlie step into dad's position.
"I have to tell you guys something," he waves our dad off, telling him to go sit down. Charlie slowly shifts his foot and looks at me. I have him a nod and he started talking. "I have found my mate," he pauses and puts his hand up before anyone could speak. "He is amazing, but 10 years older than me." I looked around and saw the faces on my families face.

Dad had a surprise shock on his face. My mom looked like she was about to cry. Cam smiled at Charlie while Carson had a blank expression.

"No grand babies from my youngest son?!" My mom went over to Charlie and smacked the back of his head. "Give me grand babies!" She yells and Charlie holds up his hands in surrender.

My brothers and dad said congrats, while my dad gave Charlie the talk in private.

"I wonder who it is," Cam says wiggling his eyebrows.

"If his mate is 10 years older... isn't that illegal or something?" Carson pipes up.

Cam put his finger up,"In the werewolf world age is just a number. So you can end up with a cougar as a mate." Cam winks and I giggled.

"Have you found yours yet?" I ask Cam and he shakes his head frowning. "Old hag!" I yell and Cam rolls his eyes throwing a pillow at me. My mother got hit by the pillow instead and I looked over at Cam with horror eyes. He looks back at me and my mom picked up a pillow and threw it right into Cam's face.

Soon later, this turned into a massive pillow fight until my dad growled loudly when my mom hit the floor. She got up quickly and dusted off her legs.

"Oh honey, you forgot to tell us who your mate is!" My mom squeals like Lola and Charlie looks uncomfortable.

"Uh it's um uh erm... Reign." Cam eyes bulge out and my mom smiled.

"Good, I like him because I know him." My mom says while walking into the kitchen.

Everyone else was silent and I took that as my cue to go upstairs. I needed to start picking out my clothes for the trip. Since it's going to be nice and warm, I shall pack my summer clothes.

As I reached my room there was a whole different atmosphere. I flipped my light switch on and there was a dark figure facing toward my windows.

"Who the hell-" I got cut off by a Declan laughing.

"Really? Lottie you should try sneaking in a little bit more. I'll teach you that." Declan smiles and I smiled back walking towards him.

"What the hell are you doing in my bedroom?" I kept smiling looking at him. He looked kind of freaked out and scratches the back of his head.

"Well- uh eh um I am sorta checking in on you? I haven't seen you this week since Sunday. And with that incident and all," he rambles and I touched his shoulder making him stop mid sentence.

"Yeah I see, well exam week went good. So you can leave now." Declan's smile faded and he frowns. "I'm joking! We can hang until dinner."

"Why can't I stay for dinner?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Because everyone except my mom hates Reign. And you're Reigns friend."

"So is Cam?" He questions. I gave him a look, he doesn't know?

"Reign is my little brother's mate." Declan was lost at words as he paces around my room.

"We can't hang today. I have business. I'll see you soon, Lottie." He whispers, kissing my cheek and with a blink of an eye, he left.

✷✷✷

NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE VACATION! Did you guys see Charlie's secret coming? Or even his mate?! I even surprised myself lol.

Please

Comment

Vote

Follow