sixteen

Chapter Sixteen// Charlotte Grayson

1 1/2 Month Later

School has been a bust and Cam decided to stay until Carson and I's birthday. I didn't complain but I hate taking short showers so the water doesn't get cold. But that's okay, he is leaving soon.

My birthday is actually tomorrow and I am freaking excited! Mom and dad has been telling me about how they found each other and it was cute. I'll be able to shift into my wolf and find my mate. They said it's the most amazing feeling ever.

And I want that feeling.

"Charlotte please come to the board and explain the problem to us." My calculus teacher says and I groan. I hate being called up to do stuff. Especially in front of a class I hate.

Ryan whistles loudly and turned around giving him my death glare. I know he is trying to make me feel better but he can stop.

I went in front of the board and looked around the classroom until everyone was quiet. My teacher gave me a head nod and I began explaining the problem.

I suck at math, specifically AP. I might just drop out but the school year is almost ending...so I'm going to stick with it. Just to get in a decent college I mean Cam did it and he isn't that smart!

"Thank you Charlotte. You may sit down now." I left the front of the room quickly and sat back down in my desk.

"Good job Char! You didn't blow it." Ryan whispers in my ear and I swat his face away.

I do not have time for this. Luckily we leave in 3...2...1. The bell rung quickly and I grabbed my book bag and left the class quickly.

Heading to the cafeteria I saw Lola as she waves me over.

"Hey babes!" Lola says cheerfully, giving me a plastic container. I opened and licked my lips.

Lola's mom special brownies.

"She didn't let me have any so you are a pretty special botch." Kevin says trying to take one of my brownies. I slap his hand away quickly and he whines.

"Thanks Lola, I better be getting a nice ass present tomorrow!" She nods then rolls her eyes when Melissa starts strutting over to the table.

I sat down and started eating my brownies talking to Lola about my birthday plans. Melissa was slutting it up over there with the guys. Couldn't help myself, I laughed at Carson's face.

"Bro, you look a little constipated." He nods his head quickly and left the cafeteria with Adam behind him. Dang guys are cold... they just left Kevin alone. With Melissa.

Damn

"What the hell?!" Melissa shirks and my head snap toward her. There was milk going down her shirt and Lola was holding up the milk carton. "You bitch!" Melissa sneers attempting to slap Lola.

I just sat there eating my brownies watching Lola swat Melissa's hand each time she tried to slap her.

Kevin and I gave each other looks as he bursted out laughing. Me following after him.

"This isn't funny! I will get my daddy to sue every single one of you!" She screams and stomps out of the cafeteria. I look over at Lola and she shrugs her shoulders.

"She was bothering me."

Well I'm glad I have my best friend back.

✷✷✷
The day went by faster and once I knew it I was going home. Charlie stayed at school for tutorials and Carson had spring football practice. Humming to Justin Bieber's Sorry that was playing on the radio, I pulled into the driveway and noticed Cam's car isn't here.

Where the hell is Cam?

I frown getting out of the car and went to the front door. Unlocking it, the house was warm and the kitchen light was still on. So Cam just left. Shrugging my shoulders, I turn the TV onto Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

It comes on everyday right after I get out of school so I minus well just watch it. My favorite Kardashian is either Kourtney or Kholé.

Kourtney is so blunt it makes me love her more, but Kholé is the fun sister. It's a hard decision but I know I do not like Kim. I don't know something about her turns me off.

Sex tapes aren't that sexy.

I was watching the episode where Kim lost her earrings in the ocean and that was the last straw of her.

Minutes later I heard a noise from the kitchen. Knowing I am the only person here it scared me.

Jumping up from the couch I slowly walked into the kitchen. Breathing quietly, I shouted really loudly.

"Whoever is in my house get the hell out! If you are Declan show yourself you fucking bastard!" I yell loudly and there he was.

Declan had the biggest smile on his face and I start slapping his chest.

"You ass! Why are you in my house?" I ask trying to calm my beating heart. Declan shrugs leaning against the wall.

"Your birthday is tomorrow," he smiles and I nod. "That means you will find your mate." I nod again. Yes stupid boy. I know that.

"And your shifting. That means training," he winks and I groan.

"Is this what you wanted to tell me? Because you could've texted this to me or something." Declan rolls his eyes and walks out of the kitchen. Me following behind him.

"Yes I could've but I didn't. Tomorrow is a life or death choice." My eyes brows furrowed, confused. He saw my confusion," Yes I know crazy. But some wolves don't make it because the shift is too painful. You need your mate to help you through the change." I nod and frown.

I don't know who my mate is... does that mean I won't make it?

"Did you want that in text?" I shook my head, he continued. "Yeah thought so. Tomorrow we will help you through the shift. The pack usually throws parties for teens are about to shift for the first time. Since it'll be your first time, everybody in the pack will be there." My eyes widen. I don't want people watching me while I cry in pain! Hell no. No. That is not happening.

"Sorry, Lottie. But it is happening. Every wolf gets this treatment so it's only fair. Think of it as a good luck charm." Declan smiles, his blue eyes lighting up as he does. Stupid hot Alpha guy.

"Fine, but I better have clothes. I don't want people seeing my grapefruits and watermelon."

✷✷✷

Lol. I can't. Stop laughing. At what I just put. I hope you know what grapefruits and watermelon are. Hahahahhahahaha.
So next chapter will be her actual birthday and her transforming into her wolf.
Yayayayay!

I might do a Declan chapter. I'm not sure yet.

Please
Comment
Vote
Follow