Poison {Part I}

Most of the time, I just learn to go with the flow, but there are certain occasions where I have to make my objections known. Lately, I've been struggling with accepting what is and what is not.

I'm really trying to understand how things just seem to be going from bad to worse.

On the guys first game back, they lost, after having the lead for majority, but losing it in the final minutes of the fourth quarter. Everyone took it hard. It was supposed to be the teams big "tribute game" to Ricardo, and they fell short. Colin took it the hardest. On the other hand, the Bulls and Warriors are both killing it this season. People are praising Derrick's performance and comeback given all his injuries and are already pitting him and Steph against each other. It's strange considering they're actually good friends off the court, but understandable given their leadership positions on the court.

I suppose that's the extent of the "good news".

All the rest is bad.

"Morning Queenie," I yawn, walking into the guestroom. I reach the crib when I see it's empty. I frown, and then realize Kay must have gotten her already. Holding my stomach, I exit the room and make my way downstairs. Sure enough, she's with a morose looking Kay.

Mia and Dorotea had to fly to Hawaii for a week to handle an issue tat has come up within their company. Apparently Kay's maternal uncle (didn't know she had one and neither did she) is trying to overthrow his mother and sister. Therefore, they had to get down to headquarters and settle things before they went too far.

Normally, there would be no issue with her staying by herself with Queenie. But, this isn't exactly a normal situation.

Upon returning back from an outing, Mia came back to an empty apartment. At least, she thought it was empty, but it wasn't. Queenie was there....but Kay wasn't. She left her less than a month old baby by herself, on her bed (not even in the crib) and claimed she went for a walk to clear her head.

We're convinced she's battling some type of depression, most likely postpartum. She clearly can't be left alone, and so after a lot of convincing, I was able to convince her to stay at the house with me. I enjoy the company and I know, even if she doesn't or refuses to admit, she needs it too.

"There you two are," I exclaim, watching as she gently rocks a sleeping Queenie.

"She was hungry," Kay replies quietly, casually shrugging her shoulders.

I nod, "What about you?" She shakes her head. "I'm making-"

"Muffins?"

I frown, "How'd you know?"

"Because that's the only thing you know how to make Aria," she sighs, getting up and leaving the kitchen. "I'm gonna put her down then head back to sleep."

"But-" she turns to look at me. "I was thinking maybe we could go out today-"

"And do what?" she quips a brow, that same emotionless expression on her face. "You're big and pregnant and last time I went out, I ended up here, on house arrest, with you."

"Can you blame us Kay?" I murmur softly, earning a slight glare.

"No, of course not." She sighs, and turns away again. "God forbid, you ever get blamed for something." A beat. "You and Colin really are perfect for each other – the blamed and blameless."

I cross my arms, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," I watch her until she disappears at the top of the steps. She's been this way ever since she got here, and I've learned to ignore it, but everyone has a breaking point.