Exposed

Colin's POV

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!"

I pull the phone away from my ear, and mentally curse myself for even telling him.

This idiot is no help whatsoever.

"Would you calm the fuck down?" I mutter, placing my hand over my forehead.

I can practically visualize his eyes bulging out of his eye sockets, "Calm down? You just told me you fucked Nasty Nessa and I'm supposed to calm down?! Nigga you high?!"

"I didn't have a choice Derrick!" I snap, feeling myself getting all upset again.

"Fuck you mean you didn't have a choice?! She hold you down and force herself on you?!"

"I couldn't risk Arianna finding out..." I trail off, realizing I'm coming off as stupid. I know why I did what I did, and have reasons to justify my decision, but for whatever reason...I can't seem to get the right words to come out.

"So you just decided to cheat on her instead?" I don't give him a response. "Look C, you know you my nigga, but you also know Imma tell you when you wrong and your ass was dead wrong. You should have just told her the truth."

"I was going to man," I groan, as the reality of what I really did is starting to kick in. "Hell, I was dialing her number to be honest with her when I got the call..."

I'll never be able to get the sound of Arianna's wailing as she told me Kaydence was dead. I don't think anyone was ready for that shit. It's eerie when you think about it. Almost exactly a month after I lose my best friend, Arianna loses hers. And Rico and Kaydence were together. As much as my heart aches for my baby, I can't deny the deepest of my condolences goes to Queenie. She's an innocent child who now has to grown up without not just one, but both of her parents.

It's times like these where I tend to question God, and my belief in Him.

"How's Chanel?" I decide to change the subject.

He starts to cheese hella hard, ""Bruh she's so tiny. Like, I can't get over that shit."

"She's a baby D. They're tiny like that." I chuckle. "What about Diamond?"

"You know that trifling ass thot didn't even come?" He scowls. "She had the fucking audacity to tell me she busy trying to get some more gigs lined up or some shit like that."

"The hell? So how did she get Chanel by you?"

"My mama flew out here with her," he replies in an annoyed tone. I know he's still upset with her for keeping Chanel's paternity a secret for him. Can't say I blame him. That shit was so messed up.

"Diamond is trifling man," I comment, shaking my head and suppressing a yawn. "Chanel ain't even a month and she trying to ditch her already?"

"That's the same thing I said," he agrees. "But speaking of, I better go check on her."

"Aight bruh, I'll talk to you tomorrow or some shit."

He sighs heavily, "You just need to tell her."

Leave it to him to go back to the previous topic. "And I will, when the time is right."

"I'm serious Colin," he suddenly drops any hint of playfulness that was in his voice. "I know Rico was normally the best person to go for this type of stuff, but even I can see this ain't gon end good for all parties involved if you continue to keep all these damn secrets."

"Bye Derrick," I hang up the phone without another word. He's like a broken record. I'm not stupid. I know what's up and what's at stake. I don't need him continuing this 'make me feel like an asshole" bullshit.