The Morning After

Arianna's POV

I can't remember the last time I had a good night rest. Last night was no different. If anything, last night had to be one of my worse nights to date. Obviously, getting a call from Kaydence number, but it not being Kay on the other line, was a little startling. But, as soon as Xavier explained the situation, I was almost instantly calmed. Typical Kay. Always getting herself in these situations. After getting Xavier to text me the address of where they were, I told Ricardo what was going on, and even though he was beyond pissed with Kay, he agreed to take me.

I was able to track down Maya, who was still hanging with Blake, and she agreed to come with me. She didn't know that, at some point, Derrick had left the club. She was pissed off. And, of course, me and my big mouth had to tell her that he left with some girl. That pissed her off even more. I don't know how, especially since I had spent the majority of the evening with him, but I was able to convince Ricardo I let Colin know what was up and that I/we were leaving. I didn't though. I was still pissed and didn't feel like speaking to him. Hell, I still am pissed.

"He was here," Maya's soft voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

I scrunch my eyebrows, "How do you know?"

She gestures over to the kitchen, "There was a mug in the sink when I first woke up," she takes a sip of her coffee. "It wasn't there when we got back last night."

Not really knowing what to say, I simply nod my head and take another bite of my French Toast.

Since Derrick was MIA, Ricardo didn't want to be bothered with Kay, and I didn't want to be in the room alone or with Colin when he got back, I decided to spend the night in Derrick and Maya's suite. Obviously, we kept Kay with us too. After all, we're used to taking care of her after her wild nights.

"Turn the goddamn lights off," the two of us turn to look at a hungover Kay as she exits the bathroom.

"They are off Kay," Maya sighs, placing her now empty mug on the coffee table.

Kay releases a loud groan/moan as she makes her way to the kitchen and takes the Advil we have waiting for her on the counter. Grabbing her tray of breakfast that Maya ordered for all of us, she shuffles over by us and plops down on the sofa next to me.

She starts picking with her food, and darts her eyes to both of us, "how bad was I?"

"Well," I start. "Somehow you ended up in some little coffee shop with an extremely attractive guy named Xavier."

"Mmm," Kay smiles. "He's yummy."

Maya rolls her eyes, "You wanna explain how you ended up there in the first place?"

"Met this guy at the club. Was gonna go home with him. Changed my mind. He didn't like that. So the dumbass tried to drag me or some shit-"

"Did you kill him?" I cut her off, knowing how her temper can get sometime.

"Naww," she waves me off. "Just gave him an instant vasectomy." She and Maya chuckle, "Anyway, I don't know why, but I decided to run up the street-"

"Instead of going back in the club?"

"I was drunk Maya. You know I make stupid choices when I'm drunk."

"Touche."

"Anyway," she continues, picking off a piece of her toast. "I ended up in the coffee shop after I spotted Xavier working-"

"Of course," I mutter. She glares. "Sorry, continue."

"I remember going inside and him being bitchy with me..." she trails off. "Everything after that is kind of a blur to be honest." She shrugs. "How'd you guys find me anyway?"