Chapter 8

this one hurts the heart a littl

“Ouch, my god” Cole groaned, for the millionth time. We were sitting in my bathroom, well I was sitting on the counter and he was standing in between my legs so I could reach his face properly to get him cleaned up.

“Shhhh, its fine” I hissed, he can be such a baby sometimes let me tell you. I had barely touched his face at all and he was already moaning and groaning wait until I get the alcohol wipes out see how he likes it then. I was using a facial wipe that I had ran under warm water, trying to get rid of the excess dirt and dried blood so I could see exactly how bad the damage was. I was being extra gentle, and I knew he was exaggerating when he groaned. I was trying to put on a brave face as he hadn’t taken his eyes off me yet and I didn’t want him to know how I felt right now. The problem was I didn’t really know how I felt myself. I knew I was sad that I had watched Cole get hurt, I knew I was angry that Jay would think he could touch him like that, I knew I was kind of pissed that Cole reacted so stupidly and got himself hurt, I knew I was confused as to what is going on and how they know each other and I also knew I was insanely happy about what had just happened between Cole and I but also confused as to where that left us, now if only there was one word to sum up all of those feelings so I could sort myself out. I took a deep breath and lent over to throw the dirty wipe in the trash can. When I sat back up, Cole’s eyes were piercing into mine and I was sure he didn’t have a word to sum up his feeling either. I took a deep breath and sighed, letting a small soft smile take over my lips. I placed my hand gently against the side of Cole’s face and slowly shook my head. He pushed his face into my palm, sighing and closing his beautiful eyes.

“Cole Harrison Miller, what am I going to do with you” I whispered, stroking my finger across his soft cheek. He opened his eyes, and it was then that I noticed they were glassy with threatening tears. He put his hand on top of the one I had on his face and laced out fingers together.

“Forgive me” he whispered, tilting his head in a way that showed he was trying to see past my eyes and into my heart and head to see what I was really thinking and feeling.

“for what” I whispered back, knowing that my voice could shatter the moment that was unfolding before my eyes. He sighed, his sweet breath rushing over my face, making a tingle run down my spine and into my toes.

“Everything, this is all my fault” he replied, his voice breaking in pain. He was blaming himself and I didn’t even know why, he wouldn’t tell me anything and it was slowly killing me. I just couldn’t see what could be going on I have no Cole pretty much my whole life and we spent nearly every moment together, I just don’t see what he could have to do with any of this Jay stuff.

“Cole you have to tell me what is going on, who is Jay and what does he want” I asked, reaching into my bag and getting the alcohol wipes so I could busy myself with something instead of having to stare at the broken look in Cole’s eyes for one second more. I heard him sigh again and I could tell he was frustrated.

“I can’t tell you Bella” he whispered, his eyes closing as I sat up from my bag. He has to tell me.

“Cole please, you can tell me anything you know that” I said, gripping his face with my hands and waiting for his beautiful eyes to open. They finally did and I knew from the look he had that he wasn’t going to tell me. He wanted to, I could see that much be he wouldn’t.

“I need to keep you safe Bella bear and not telling you anything is how im going to do that. I’m sorry I want to tell you but I can’t and I won’t” he told me, and I knew it was final. Even though I wanted to jump off the counter and stomp my feet demanding he tell me or leave I knew I wouldn’t be able to do that. I loved him too much to see him in pain and me doing that will only cause him more pain then his eyes already show me he is in. I sighed and leant forward gently pressing my lips to his, before pulling back and nodding my head.

“ok, but im here for you Colemine always and forever” I whispered, resting my forehead against his and looking deep into his piercing blue eyes. His lips twitched with a smile as he pressed them against mine, this time it was more urgent then before. His hands gripped slid down my ribs and gripped onto my hips, swiftly pulling my body forward so we were touching. His tongue slipped into my mouth, earning a small moan of appreciation from me. Our tongues tangled together as I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him tighter against the front of my body. I was getting into it and so was he when Cole’s ringtone began to echo through my bathroom. We jumped apart in shock before he realised it was his phone and reached into his back pocket, and I caught the name of the caller before he pressed the phone to his ear it was Ally Marsh. Ally Marsh is a girl that goes to mine and Cole’s school. She is your typical fake blonde plastic Barbie bimbo. Your probably expecting me to say she is head cheerleader, but that’s me I’m just a nice head cheerleader with an amazing squad. Ally Marsh is a stagie as they are called at school. She is the drama club queen bee, is in every musical and performance the school put on with the loeading role. But what she is known most for is her undeniable willingness to sleep with any guy she comes across and latest subject is my Colemine. She hasn’t been able to get her filthy claws into him so far, so he tells me but she is one determined queen witch with a capital B. Cole was smiling into the phone, and he had his flirting voice on, making my heart immediately sink. What is he doing, is he flirting with her.

“alright I will pick you up at 8, later” he said into the phone, before ending the call and sliding it back into his pocket. He was grinning from ear to ear when he met my eyes.

“thanks for helping me get cleaned up Bella bear, but I gotta go get ready for my date with Ally. I will call you later” he said, leaning down to give me a quick peck on the cheek before rushing out of the bathroom sporting a huge smile. I sat there stunned for god knows how long. My heart began to race and I began to breath heavier. My eyes were watering and there was a dull ache in my chest, that was screaming he doesn’t want you with every passing second. I let myself slide down from the counter and turn to see myself in the mirror. My curls were messy and my face was red a blotchy from all the crying and making out I had done today. My eyes were filled with tears and heartbreak might as well have been tattooed in bold letter on my forehead. I thought he wanted me, but how could I be so stupid. This is Cole Miller we are talking about he is amazing and beautiful he cant be faulted of course he would want someone like Ally Marsh I was nothing but his childhood best friend, and I will never be good enough for him. I rushed out of the bathroom and into my bedroom where I proceeded to pull down all the photos on my photo wall, as they were all of me and Cole. Photos of us when we were little at the park, and in his pool. Photos of the first day of high school where I was in my prime awkward stage and he was showing signs of the sexy version of him to come. Photos of us having our famous food fights and water fights all my memories in glossy print out being tossed around my room, each one taking a piece of my heart with it.

VOTE AND COMMENT!! <3  tell me what you think, a bit sad huh

please dont hate on Cole, have faith guys :) 

e, im apologising in advance.