Chapter 9

My tantrum was finished, my heart rate had slowed down and my anger had disappeared. Now I was left sitting, cross legged on my floor surrounded by my photos I had just thrown everywhere holding sparky close to my chest. Now you can judge me for holding a stuffed monkey to my chest and thinking it would make me feel better but sparky felt like a little piece of Cole. I didn’t really know what do to, I wanted to run over to his house and slap some sense into the stupid boy I recently had his tongue down my throat and his hands on my body and for some unknown clearly male reason he thought it meant nothing. You know what let him go on a date with the fake barbie sl*t I don’t even care. I was in the middle of my inner rant when I heard the front door open. I got up off the floor and left without looking back down at the photos and stood at the top of the stairs. What I saw coming through my front door brightened my mood instantly.

“Liam!!!!” I squealed, running down the stairs and throwing myself into the arms of the boy standing in my door way. His arms wrapped around me and he then proceeded to spin me around in a circle.

“Bell, I missed you little sister” he said, setting me down on my feet and smiling his warm smile at me.

“Not as much as I missed you big brother, what are you doing here?” I asked him, looking into his kind eyes. I had missed Liam so much he had been away at college for the last year only coming home for important occasions it had been almost six months since I had seen him

“My classes are on break and I wanted to come visit my favourite sister, Bella what the hell happened to your face” he suddenly asked, gently touching my cheek. It wasn’t bruised but it was still quiet red and swollen. I wasn’t about to tell my big brother that a guy had hit me so I laughed and shook my head.

“I slipped when I got out of the shower last night, I hit my cheek on the side of the shower door.” His face immediately softened into a smirk and he began laughing.

“Of course you did, you’re so clumsy I don’t trust you here alone when is mom coming home” he asked. Mom worked for a fashion magazine and she was always out of the country here and there I never really saw her, which was nice for the freedom but I did miss her sometimes.

“I don’t know she hasn’t called for a while so she must be doing something important” I told him, walking into the kitchen and getting out two cups and pouring us each a drink. Liam took it from me with a grateful smile and swallowed the whole thing while I slowly sipped on mine.

“oh Bella can you go upstairs and put some clothes on other than Cole’s shirt because I didn’t come home alone” Liam suddenly said, putting his cup in the sink and heading to the front door.

“Wait who is here” I asked, trying to look out the window to see whoever it was he bought.

“Just a friend from college, doesn’t have any family and I didn’t want to leave him on campus alone” he answered, going outside to where I could see a guy on the phone with his back to the house. From the back he was tall, well-built and had brown hair that flicked up at the ends near his ears. He was wearing a black t shirt and dark denim jeans. I rinsed my cup and began heading toward the staircase, when I heard a throat being cleared from behind me. I slowly turned to come face to face with Liam and his new friend. My cheeks heated up and I began chewing on my bottom lip. Liam narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

“Not fast enough Bell” he hissed, though I could see he was lightly amused at my embarrassed reaction right now. My hands went to the hem on Cole’s shirt and I tugged it down further, which made it slip down at the top and expose the tops of my boobs. The guy next to Liam gave me a soft sympathetic smile and looked down at his feet instead of staring at my exposed body.