Chapter 11

Muffled voices coming from downstairs slowly pulled me out of my deep slumber and I opened my eyes. For a minute I didn’t know why I was in my bed but then the dull ache in my ankle reminded me of why. Once I began to remember everything came rushing back and my cheeks flushed with embarrassment, Finn had carried me naked to my bed from the shower. My embarrassment turned into desire when I remembered the way he treated me and how we almost kissed. Then my thoughts flicked to Cole, I missed him. It felt like I hadn’t seen my Colemine in ages and we still hadn’t talked about everything that had happened with us.

I sat up and looked at my clock; it was 6pm at night I slept for a while. I noticed I was naked and picked up my purple silk summer robe from the other side of the bed, slipping into it after pulling on some panties and a bra. I slowly placed both feet on the ground and supported myself on the bed to stand up. Pain shot through my ankle but I continued standing until it turned back into a dull ache before I limped my way to the bedroom door. It hurt to walk, but I could put a little bit of weight on it which I took as a good sign. I opened the door and the voices became clearer Liam, Finn and Cole were all downstairs.

“She fell over in the shower and I carried her to her room that’s it” Finn groaned, sounding extremely frustrated. I heard a loud bang like someone punched something.

“Then why the hell was she naked” Cole fumed, sounding like he was about to kill someone and Finn sounded like candidate one.

“Because she was in the shower you idiot, I wasn’t going to dress her was I” Finn hissed.

“You better not have touched her” Cole hissed back.

“Look man I’m sure Finn didn’t do anything, you know what she is like clumsy as anything” Liam reasoned in a comforting voice.

“Why do you care anyway” Finn suddenly questioned, making the whole room go silent. I wanted to hear the answer to this one too. I limped closer to the stair case, disguising myself behind the wall. Cole sighed and I could imagine his hands running through his hair, something he always did when he was frustrated.

“I don’t know I just do” he whispered, sounding even more confused than I was about the whole thing.

Finn scoffed at him, “yeah ok”

I limped over to the stair case and began trying to get down it. I was taking it very slow and it was hurting a lot more than walking on flat ground.

“Bella bear, wait there are you crazy” Cole yelled, rushing up the stairs and putting his arms on my shoulder to stop me. I looked up into his eyes and couldn’t help but smile; it felt like I hadn’t seen those eyes for months. He smiled down at me and gently brushed a loose curl from my face, letting his hand linger on my cheek. He bent down and put one arm behind my legs and one around my back, before lifting me with ease and carrying me down the stairs.

“Cole what are you doing, put me down” I groaned, burying my face in his chest. I felt like such a baby getting carried everywhere. I felt his chest rumble with laughter and he set me down on the chair in the kitchen. I looked around and met Finn’s eyes; he looked worried about me and pissed off that Cole helped me. I smiled reassuringly at him, and mouthed the words thank you. This caused a small smile to cross his lips, and he gave me a wink.

“Bella what happened” Cole asked, perching himself on the bench in front of me. I smiled and shook my head.

“I slipped in the shower” I said, getting slightly red with embarrassment. I began to chew on my bottom lip. Cole reached out and ran his thumb over it, sparks ran through my lip even more than when Finn did it.

“Why didn’t you call me, I would of came over and took care of you” he whispered, leaning in closer. His eyes held so much care for me, so soft and loving. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I let the breath out and opened my eyes; I could feel they were watery with tears to come.

“I thought you would be getting ready for your date” I whispered, my voice breaking on the last word. Pain flashed through Cole’s eyes, and he reached out to gently wipe a fallen tear from my cheek. He put his hands on either side of my face, and forced me to meet his eyes.

“Bella bear I would drop everything to come help you, you’re my best friend. I love you, I would do anything for you” he told me, while rubbing my cheeks with his thumbs in a soothing motion.

I gave him a sad smile and placed my hands on top of his, intertwining our fingers. I slowly pulled his hands from my face and put them on his legs, still holding them with my own. I swallowed deeply and shook my head.

“Just not the way I love you” I whispered, more tears falling from my eyes. I pulled my hands from his and got off the chair, holding onto the counter top. His eyes held mine. They were full of pain and shock. I turned from him and walked toward the back door. Though he had enough time to stop me, say my name or even come after me I got to the door and opened it walking out the back and shutting it after me.

I limped over to the pool, tears spilling uncontrollably down my face now. I tried to hold them in when I was inside, with only a couple betraying me. I sat on the edge of the pool letting my feet hang in the water. I tilted my head toward the sky and looked at the stars, there were so many out tonight.

I wished that my mom was here instead of working all the time, I could really use her advice right now or even just a hug from her they were always the best next to Cole’s of course. I knew that one day I would tell Cole that I loved him, but whenever I imagined it we were already together and it was one of those picture perfect movie or book worthy moments. You know the ones where there are candles everywhere and rose petals. Or something extravagant, like writing it in the sky or announcing it in front of a basketball stadium full of people. I never thought I would be in tears and heartbroken. Or that it would be in my kitchen in front of my brother and his friend that I may also have feelings for.

I screamed out loud into the night air, punching the water in the pool. Why did I have to feel this way, it was easier when Cole and I were young best friends without a care in the world. Having pool parties and watching scary movies, seeing who freaked out first.  

“Hey, don’t hurt the water” A weak voice came from behind me. I jumped slightly and turned to see Finn, his face glowing in the moonlight. I sighed and turned back toward the water, letting my feet move slowly through it. I felt Finn’s body sit down next to me, his side pressing against my own. He didn’t say anything for a little while, but his presence was comforting in a way. I leant my head against his shoulder, letting my eyes slip closed. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and pulled me impossibly closer.

“Where’s Cole” I whispered, not being able to bring my voice higher.

“Went home” Finn whispered back, his voice sounding husky and sexy as usual. I nodded my head into his shoulder, but didn’t say anything. We sat there under the moonlight, Finn’s arm securely around me for a while just enjoying the silence and comfort Finn’s warm arm bought me.  

“He doesn’t know how lucky he is” Finn whispered in my ear, after a while of silence. His hot breath washed over my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. I lifted my head off his shoulder and turned to look at him. His eyes met my own and they looked fierce with anger and emotion. I frowned slightly and tilted my head to the side.

“What” I asked, my voice sounding thick with tears. He sighed and brushed his hand across my cheek.

“He doesn’t know how lucky he is” he repeated, smiling a sad smile at me.

I raised my eyebrows slightly, “what do you mean”

“You’re so beautiful, both inside and out and I know that after a day. He is lucky to have someone as beautiful as you love him and he doesn’t even know it” he mused, like he was talking to himself. I watched his eyes as he spoke, and he was being truly honest. He really thought I was beautiful, that anyone would be lucky to be loved by me. I felt my eyes well with tears again, shocked and touched that he really believes that about me. His eyes widened.

“No, no please don’t cry. I don’t want to make you sad, I just think that you’re perfect and that he is stupid and that your beautifu…” I cut him off by placing my hand gently over his lips. He stopped talking and stared into my eyes.

“Finn, shhhh” I whispered, before replacing my hand with my lips.

Vote and comment please <3