Reyna I

t h i s  c o n t a i n s

| Mild Humor | Swearing | Drew Tanaka | cliffhangers | death | particular ghost | me asking for votes |

t h i s  DOES NOT c o n t a i n

| Jeyna | Jeyna | Jeyna | Jeyna | Jeyna|

o h , y e a h

JEYNA

BEGINNING OF PART ONE ~

C H A P T E R O N E

" Only the dead have seen the end of War."

- PLUTO

ULIAN RAMIREZ-ARELLANO IS A CERTIFIED VILLAN OF THIS STORY; COMPLETE WITH AN AWFUL BACKGROUND AND A WIFE WHO LEFT HIM. He eats off of people's fears until their dreams are nothing but left ashes of hopeless memories that were once remembered by the sweetness of summer days to the coldness of winter nights. But not only is he a villain, he is their father. There once was a time once upon a time when Reyna and Hylla were locked up in their bedrooms every night as their father left them there,never to let them out. That time has ended and it is his turn to be locked up in his closet where he belongs, banging against the wooden door screaming for them pleading for them to open the door so he can run away from the monsters that lurk in his dreams. His cries have died out from the quietest of mumbling and with only that shortage of volume, keeping up Reyna at night.

Their parents met each other in a trip Julian went to in Rome. He went there for a year before college and fell in love with the city's charm and building. He fell in love with Reyna's mother, a country girl with the talent of her charms and strength. Her name was Bellona and she had seen very few pictures of her.  She was beautiful, Reyna could tell by the pictures sharing similar features from Hylla and Reyna. Reyna had never officially met her before. All she knew was the stories told by her dad went he was drunk and too hefty to think straight. She was like a muse, he voice spitting out words of love and insanity. Everything she knew about her mother was hopes and perfections Reyna rose her mother to be. Bellona was a fighter and his father loved her for that. They never officially got married and when he went to Iraq after Hylla and Reyna were born, he came back as a new man.

Literally speaking.

Julian was never the same. His mind hadn't been changed and fractured but the brutal life of war in Iraq. He had seen people die and people try to kill him. The gunshots and fires, bombs and the heartless ruling of human beings. Julian was never the same and when he came back, Bellona left him. That was when the locking up happened where he would secure their bedrooms with them in it, having his mind fooling him into thinking his children were his enemies here on Earth to kill him. And kill him they did.

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

◎◉◎

HER STEPS WERE QUIET AND PROCESSING, SLOWLY AS SHE WALKED DOWN THE STAIRS AS IF A SLIGHTEST OF CHANGE OR A TWITCH IN HER KNEE WOULD BE THE END OF HER.