Reyna XIX

C H A P T E R  N I N E T E E N

THERE WERE MANY PLACES REYNA WOULD HAVE WANTED TO EXPLORE BEFORE THE NIGHT ENDED. Reyna gazed around the place with a mixture of excitement and wonder. There were so many rooms in the hotel; she should know since she had checked them out. The lobby was grand and filled with a swarm of people, checking in and eating in the cafe with an enormous variety of beverages and sweets. There was the pool and a side bar were a few people from her classes were at, lounging the the pool;a few of them had brought their belongings so they could stay in for the night at the hotel. She guessed that was one of the reason why Drew Tanaka's parents allowed her to have a party here since they knew that people were going to stay at the place, giving them more publicity. Of course,not that they needed it.

Her body shivered at the shortage of warmth. Reyna cursed herself for not bring a wool coat or a jacket. In her regular garments, she didn't feel this chilly so it might be the type of fabric made for this dress. She knew it wasn't something you would wear to the South Pole; that much was known,but it could have at least been made with thicker layer of material. Reyna gazed at herself at a wall of glass where a identical figure stared back at her. 

Her hair was loosed aside her shoulder. Someone had straightened her hair so it was silkier than usual. Reyna's features seemed to pop out like a pop art drawing, making her best angles known. The silver eyeshadow simplified her dark purple dress and her lips were glossed since she choose not to wear lipstick. Aside from all of that,she looked like her usual self.

In bold letters, the door read LEFT WING BALL ROOM. Reyna pulled the door knob and entered the room were she was awaited by a number of people screaming an dancing like she had left them. In the corner of her eye, she spotted Hazel and Frank together and her heart lifted as Hazel stood on her heels and gave Frank a kiss on his cheek. Then, she frowned remembering that the last time she has seen Hazel, Hazel had seemed a little agitated by her since she had found her with Drew. (before,she had been confused to why people acted strangely around Drew but it made sense now.) Right now didn't seem like a good time to go to her so she decided when school started on Monday, the first thing she would do was apologize. 

She was walking toward the counter of food to grab something before Drew ran skidding to her with her high heels making noises on the floor. Her face was filled distress and anger.

"Reyna, there is something I have to tell you and I hope you can take this as calmly as possible." Drew said very slowly, watching Reyna's confused expression. "I don't know how to say this but Jason kissed Piper."

A shock slammed through her in surprise. She quirked in eyebrow in disbelief, wondering if she had heard her voice correctly. Reyna held her hand to grab a handle but felt nothing to assure her up so she wouldn't fall. Her eyebrows creased.

"What did you say?" Reyna rubbed her sore forehead.

Drew pursed her lips, skidding her hair behind her ear. "I hoped you wouldn't take this too badly."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Reyna asked and she slowly aided herself to a table filled with chairs as she took a seat.

◎◉◎

DREW RESTED HER HAND ON REYNA'S SHOULDER. Reyna looked away. She was the last person she wanted to see know,after all she had said getting her hopes up for nothing. The candles were gleaming on the table and she could hear laughter and music from the distance. Reyna bit her lip wishing she had just stayed with her older sister Hylla and helped out with the unpacking and getting used to their hotel room.