Piper II

C H A P T E R  T W O

"I Leave it to my audience. If I had another face, do you think I would wear this one?"

- Abraham Lincoln.

SCHOOL WAS A COMPETITION MADE BY TEENAGERS WHO KNEW NOTHING BETTER THAN TO COMPETE EACH OTHER FOR WHAT WAS QUEEN BEE.

There were rules and there were flaws. She was a competitor in a small line of characters competing for the crown that was High School acceptance. If School were a game, she'd be the first pick because Piper had everything she could hope for. Her amazing, spectacular superstar of a dad named Tristan Mclean who made all his teachers swoon on teacher conference day. A house on the coast of California with the view of paradise. She never had to worry about everything since everything came to her.

Piper hated school for many reasons for the fact that school was school. Everything for what school was seemed pointless in her eyes and yes it was pointless. Everything about school from what she learned her entire life,would she one day forget. What she had remembered from Kindergarten to Ninth Grade was the memories from the friends she had made and the friends she had lost. 

Like anyone, Piper had a share of her own problems. But of course, who wanted to hear her problems when Piper Mclean was perfect and popular. She didn't have problems, Piper told herself shaking off the feeling of sweat drip down her neck.

"Yeah, I bet your life is so awful," Drew would tell her now if they were still friends. 

They used to be friends. Drew was her best friend - maybe even a sister to her. Then, she ditched her for a bunch of other girls. Who needs her anyway, Piper said to herself. She did of course even though she would never admit it because like she said, Drew was a sister to her.

◎◉◎

THERE WAS A STACK OF INVITATIONS AND VALENTINE CARDS stuck inside of her locker. She never left her locker closed. She did that once and the next day, there was a pile of papers taped to her locker. It took forever to take the paper off. And even that, the tape's damage was permanentShe grabbed as many handfuls as she could. A few slipped right through her clutch, but not like she cared.

They were covered with hearts and balloons. A few had cartoon characters. Each one of them wasn't all special. She had spotted them at TARGET last week and it was hard not to see them since of all places, TARGET had inherited the magic of Valentine's day and packed the entire store with hearts and lovable teddy bears.  Her mouth grimaced. Valentine's day. She let the word stay on her tongue, tasting worse than metal.

A few people walked by her to their lockers exchanging, remotely big smiles as it stretched across their face. It was like a swarm of bees except their symbolic colors were not yellow and black but instead, red and pink and white.

Everyone around the school had decorated the lockers with big hearts and flowers. She felt bad that she had decorated anyone's locker, but someone had decorated hers. Even the teachers were smiling and somewhat happier than usual if that was possible.

Oh, of course. She could only help but grown in annoyance. Today was Valentine's day. The cursed day of the year, she thought but she knew no one would agree with her because they'd be too busy shooting love arrows at their crushes.

She looked down at her clothes in dismay. The first thing that struck her mind was to wear something similar to her PJ's since Piper had come to that dreadful time of the month where Mother Earth came for a visit and brought with her blood. On the other side of her bed, she had picked out another outfit, opposite to her other one. She had been doing the same thing for about a long time, and she always ended up picking out the Forever 21 outfit. It was a plaid shirt and tight, black leggings. They were enchained with a few sparkles, lined against a pair of combat boots and Piper could only help but imagine how incredibly uncomfortable she would feel.