Reyna XXV

~ LAST CHAPTER OF PART ONE ~

A/N - REYNA WAS BORN IN 1994. FLASHBACK IS IN 2006

"Only bad books have good endings

If a book is any good, it's ending is always bad - because you don't want the book to end."

― Pseudonymous Bosch, The Name of This Book Is Secret

(TIME PERIOD : 2006)

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - F I V E

FOR HER TWELFTH BIRTHDAY, JASON AND REYNA WENT TO GO SEE THE BABILONIA BROTHER'S TRAVELING CIRCUS.

There was many reasons to have a deep affection for the circus where weird and odd people were praised as jewels in the Sahara desert and magics of all sorts tumbled through the closed shutters of the stage. Reyna went down the stairs with her pass in her hand and Jason's pass in his. They gave their tickets to the man in the booth with grins filled with excitement on their faces as Hylla led them inside the circus.

Reyna's hair was pulled down and strapped with two bobby pins included with a brand new striped shirt and jean overalls that Jason teased her on since she appeared to look like a farer but Reyna liked her clothes so she ignored his halfhearted teasing.

She watched in wonder, her eyes gazing around the scenery as if she had never seen anything like it in her entire life. Which she hadn't since this was her first trip to the circus. The acrobats flew across the sky and she looked fixedly at the lions as they roared while the crowd shook with a mixture of awe and fear. She chewed her lip, her eyes widening,hands shaking as they held her bag of popcorn, as the tightrope walker tiptoed across the tightrope with her leotard, her eyes completed with concentration and Reyna imagined the lady falling (but she never did.)

After the show, the two of them held out all their coins and counted them out in all and went out to play some of them games. For a few minutes, Reyna and Jason worked together with the toy guns to earn a stuffed animal until Jason said he had to take a short bathroom break. She ate her pink cotton candy and walked around the place. Families passed by her with their kids' faces covered in face painting comparable to a cat or butterfly.

Since Jason had gone off, Reyna decided to inspect the area without him. Finally after a few minutes of looking, she gave up and made her way toward a tent in big purple letters written as CASSANDRA'S PHYSIC & TAROT CARD READING.

She pushed the curtains backed as they jingled, the light beaming on the supernatural glitters covering the area. The small room was dim lighted except for a few lit candles and a weird globe seated on top of a circular table covered in purple silk. What Reyna guessed was supposed to be a gypsy of some sort who seemed to be named 'Cassandra', was on the chair smoking a pack of cigars.